Crocheted Bento Box #4: Hambearger and Fries

This is my fourth and final bento box lunch that I made for the JapanLA 10th Anniversary party and Super Kawaii Food Art Show! (Box #1, Box #2, Box #3)

I actually had something different planned for my fourth box, but I wanted all the boxes to look cute together as a group, and my initial idea had too much white in it, and I had already made the boiled egg chicks. So the bear hamburger was born!

Burger Bear with Fries. Or Hambearger. (Which name do you like better?)

Hambearger4sm

I was trying to make the burger as thin as possible, but his face is still pretty smushed up against the window. He has a top bun, a meat patty, and a bottom bun.

Hambearger5smHambearger1smHambearger3sm

It actually took me a while to decide on fries. At first I wanted to do tater tots! But I wasn’t sure they’d read well due to not really having a yarn color I loved. I also thought that fruit salad would be cute as a color contrast, but in the end, classic french fries won, and I think they turned out cute!

This entry was posted in Blog and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Crocheted Bento Box #4: Hambearger and Fries

1. Tanya B says:

So cute! I adore the fries with eyes!

2. Charlee Ann says:

This has to be my favorite so far! It is adorable!! 😀

3. Holly says:

I hope you are thinking about putting out patterns for your bento box buddies!

4. cookielu1999 says:

IMHO, this is the best one yet. I know you said this is the final one, but a girl can dream, right! These would be freat for another book!!

5. Tracy says:

I LOVE your Burger Bear with Fries – I hope you will be selling patterns for all of your boxes, too! ♡

6. kathy says:

I’m with the above…….. Please make the patterns so we can buy them! You do such great work.

7. Tanya B says:

Off the subject, but I just owe A huge thank you because well our town just got a Walmart and I was able to find everything I need to make the banana split pillow in crochet abode ala mode! Thank you for using yarns that people have easy access to I appreciate that so much. I’m making my swatch right now. I’m so excited because otherwise it would be a three hour trip to get yarn or else I would have to order it online and wait for it to be shipped.

8. Pingback: Super Kawaii Food Art Show at JapanLA – Kawaii