Free Pattern! Jelly Bean Scarf at Michaels.com

Jelly Bean Scarf modelSurprise! My Michaels.com March pattern is up a little early! A super colorful Jelly Bean Scarf! Edit, June 4, 2014: Please find the pattern here on my blog. Michaels.com is currently re-vamping their pattern/project section, and the above Michaels.com link is disabled for now.

This month’s theme is Easter! As you’ll see from the project description, I was rolling some ideas around in my head, but I also asked my Twitter followers what they would like to see. Someone suggested a project involving jelly beans, and I really loved it!

Once you get the pattern down, this project works up super quickly, and it’s fun to play with different color combos! I have some colors already picked out for more jelly bean scarves. I was hoping to finish them so I could post more pictures along with this pattern, but I didn’t want to make you guys wait!

This entry was posted in Crochet, Patterns & How-To's and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Free Pattern! Jelly Bean Scarf at Michaels.com

1. Katie says:

If you yarn with other colors only slightly adding in you can make them look like jelly belly jelly beans!

2. Lee says:

There isn’t any green beans?

3. Yasmine says:

We have this thing in the UK called ‘The Jelly Bean Factory’ (actually I think it might be from the USA) and their flavours are amazing!! Theres marshmallow, cappuccino, pear, watermelon, candyfloss, cherry, pina colada……………………………hehe

4. SHUT UP!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAY! Weekend Project – I cant wait to buy yarn! Thank you!!!

5. OH I almost forgot – when I was working on the truffle scarf I was thinking that they would work as gumdrops with that shape – and add some sparkle yarn or glitter to the tops to look like sugar?? i thought i may try it around the holidays?! You’re awesome for giving us these for free! XOXO

• TwinkieChan says:

I thought this as well!!! I keep meaning to do a mixed/bulk candy scarf, but there’s always that pesky TIME thing….!

• ERMAGHURD!!!! That would own! AAAACHK! I can’t wait to see…Maybe you could put in a request for an additional 5 hours added to your day for 29 hour day total….it’s worth a shot ;) lol…and if it works Im trying it! XO

6. Piper says:

Omg I am so happy! Ty for this pattern it is amazing like all you do and I can’t wait to make it!

7. Kelly says:

I need advice please. I am a beginner of sorts. I got on youtube and learned to do a hdc. I have made 2 beans today. They look great right up to row 4 the part of 1 hdc, 1 sc, 8 sl st, etc I get completely lost. No matter how I do things my Jelly Bean curve is off center. I count and count and pull it out and do it over until my yarn is ragged. I’m soooo confused.

• TwinkieChan says:

Hi! It’s hard for me to help without a photo. Can you take a photo and post the link?

• Kelly says:

Thank you for wanting to help me. I can take a picture and I know how to load them into the computer. But I don’t know about linking to show you :( My daughter said she will do it when she comes over this weekend.

8. Beth says:

Help, I’m having issues with the pattern instructions. There should be 52 stitches in Rnd 4, but the instructions for Rnd 5 only hook into 47 stitches. I’ve followed the pattern and always have 5 stitches left over. I’m wondering if the last part of the instructions are right. “[2 hdc in next st, 3 hdc in next stitch] 2 times”

Should that be [2 hdc in next stitch, 1 hdc in next 3 stitches] 2 times? That would make sense since those are the stitches on the other side of the oval. Thanks in advance for your help.

9. Pingback: Crochet-A-Day: Crochet Jelly Bean Scarf - Make and Takes

10. Pingback: Weekly Reader 02.28.14 | Hands Occupied

11. Elena says:

Hi! I’m having a problem with round 4 and 5. The jellybean keeps coming out uneven and odd looking . I tried redoing it 3 times and always comes out the same. Is something wrong with the instructions or is it me? Gonna keep trying my best.