My Pieces for Plush You! 2012

The Plush You! show opens at Schmancy in Seattle on Friday, October 12, and I’ll be there! Hope to see you locals there, too! Schmancy has been posting preview pictures of plush on Instagram, and it looks like it’s going to be an awesome show.

I sort of stretched the idea of a “plush toy” into making tissue box cozy buddies! Looks like plush. Gives you kleenex. Win win!

I didn’t get a chance to photograph all 3 together. The Milk Carton Buddy was a late-bloomer and was actually completed and shipped a week after his other 2 friends!

Cheeseburger Buddy was born first. I have been wanting to make a burger tissue cozy forever! I will probably start to offer these on Etsy in a non-monster style.

Here’s his lady-friend, Birthday Cake Buddy! I was excited to make her, because I love the birthday candle so much. Also I was happy to use a pattern from Sugar On Top to create her frosting decorations. I think it looks like a little girl wearing a dress!

Milk Carton Buddy was born last. He was fun to make because his tissue comes out the top of his carton, like you’re about to pour out some tissues for yourself. I kind of flip-flopped between this idea and having the tissue come out of his mouth like his friends, but I thought it would be a nice contrast to have something a little different for the show.

Hopefully I’ll be able to get a pic of them together when I’m in Seattle!

This entry was posted in Crochet and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

53 Responses to My Pieces for Plush You! 2012

1. Tamara says:

OMG THE MILK ONE IS SO GOOD. well, they are all good, but MILK. SPOUT. I die.

2. KittyArr says:

Your Awesome!
    These are so adorable!!!

3. Michelle says:

You never fail to surprise me! I Love these!

My blog: acolorfulcreation.blogspot.com

4. Caz says:

they are soooo adorable!! I love the milk carton 😀

• TwinkieChan says:

Yay! As I mentioned above to someone, I was afraid people would find that one boring compared to the others!

5. AnneKo says:

Amazing job ! <3
    I think that Cheeseburger Buddy is the funniest while Milk Carton Buddy is the cutest. 🙂

6. RachelG says:

I love all three of these! You’re so stinkin’ imaginative and creative, it just isn’t fair!

7. Nickie says:

Birthday cake is so fancy and sweet – I love all the details! You’ve taken a boring old grandma crochet project and turned it into something fantastic! 🙂

8. … Senor Dokoburgerkun is entirely too awesome.

9. Danielle says:

Those are all so darn cute! I love that the tissues come out of the little milk guy’s spout.

10. Cara says:

These are TOO adorable! I can’t even pick which one I like most!!!

11. Joddles (Lady Boganesque) Crellin says:

I ♥ the Milk carton! My man and I were like “OMG it looks sort of like the milk carton off Coffee and TV by Blur!” such a awesome song, one of my faves! and the Hamburger is awesome! and the Cake one! LOL They are all Fab, but the Milk one is just ace!
    Here”s the vid 🙂 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oqXVx3sBOk

12. Ellen Barth says:

They are all so creative! It’s hard to pick a favorite. Maybe the birthday cake!

13. Sue says:

Fabulous!

14. Mimi From ALabama says:

I’m so glad my coworker Shiloh told me about you… I love your work… And my daughter is already asking me to tackle someof your things in your book. I cant wait

15. Megan G. says:

Oh my gosh, these are all so cute! I especially love the milk one, looks like he’s trying to pour you a glass with tissues! Simply adorable, you’re amazing!

16. Becky says:

ZOMG! I want one for my classroom!!! (I can’t decide if I love the milk or the cheeseburger the most…arg!) My art students would love it, not to mention it would make me giggle every time I looked at it!

17. Kelsea Echo says:

Hm, not sure if my previous comment went through. Anyway, you’re going to be in SEATTLE! I definitely want to come see you (in a totally non-weirdo kinda way) and I’m pretty sure any show at Schmancy is going to be totally awesome. Soooo I tried really hard to find info on the show, and I might just be a total idiot, but I can’t find the details anywhere!! Help?!

18. kittee says:

i love the tissue monsters! almost makes me wish i actually bought tissues!
    xo
    kittee

19. Barny says:

love the milk one! these are so great, yummy monsters! awesome design! i agree about cake lady, all the decs suit so well!

Barnicles

20. Sami says:

Too cute! 😀

21. om FRIGGIN god! I already had a stroke on Instagram this morning over the milk but holy cow bells! Im head over heels about this collection – i dont even know what the say! You Rock Hard….seriously!

22. Happy user says:

So cute^_^ Cheeseburger Buddy is great! Nope? I don’t like it? I LOVE it:)

23. Anya says:

YES, I LOVE THESE!!! The cheeseburger monster is hilarious! And the milk carton is really clever. I can’t decide which one I like more…. I want one for my office to perk up my day! You should totally make these and sell them on your Etsy, I will buy one right away (especially since I have bad fall allergies lol)!

24. princess bubblegum says:

These are AWESOME! Please sell them on Etsy! 🙂 x

25. Vixie says:

Ooh, love the milk! So super cute!

26. How do you write with the crochet chains like how you wrote “Milk”? Is there a tutorial you could point me towards or what that technique is called?

27. KimmieKat says:

These might be my most favorite things you’ve ever made- the possibilities are endless, and your talent is unparalleled

28. Belen says:

the milk one is just so awesome, gee, they all are, i really like how they sit

29. Pingback: Thursday Thoughts of Inspiration « craftgirl78

30. Lisa D says:

ZOMG! You are giving me crochet envy so badly!! Massively cute <3

31. Cami says:

OMG These are totally incredible. 🙂 I love your creativity and no one crochets quite like you! 🙂

32. Marie says:

These are awesome! Any chance you’ll sell the patterns? I’d love to make them!

• TwinkieChan says:

Hi! I made them and sold them as art pieces, so I feel kinda weird about giving away the pattern for them, but I’ll probably get over it eventually and do it, just not right now 🙂

33. Pingback: Plush You! 2013 opens in Seattle at Schmancy tonight! | Twinkie Chan Blog