Jaci’s Wrapple Jacket & the Time I Looked Like a Bird

Lately, I’ve been finding it hard to blog, because, I can’t blog about the stuff I’m making/designing yet, but then I spend nearly 24/7 working, so I don’t have much left to say :P.

We recently went to dinner at Salt House for my sister in law Jaci’s bday. She has been talking about wanting an “apple jacket”, “wrapple,” or apple cozy to protect her apples in transit to work. I remembered this at the very last minute and didn’t have time to order a complete apple jacket, so instead, I downloaded a pattern from pukashell on Etsy and made my own. The pattern produced the larger green cozy, and then I modified it to create the smaller red one to fit the tiny organic Pink Ladies I got at Whole Foods! I also made her an owl coffee cup cozy since owls are Jaci’s jam.

Speaking of coffee cup cozies, I do believe all my cozies at Red Velvet sold out in like 2 hours. Thanks so much, guys! I super appreciate it!!!! I do plan to sell coffee cup cozies in my Etsy shop when I get a breather!!!

In other news, I just snapped some new photos for ShanaLogic. I thought this one was funny. Pumped for cupcakes! You can get your own cupcake dress right here!

Aaaaand while I was taking this photo, I asked Hairy if I looked like a bird:

Don’t worry. I didn’t send Shana that one…. HAHHA.

Also, usually while I snap photos, Bibi likes to be all up in my business.

She kept bringing over toys to play fetch with her….. her bouncy ball, her stinky rope, AND her tuggy/ball rope. She is a cutie. When she sits down, her belly hits the floor. You gotta love her.

I want to do a line of shirts with her image with positive sayings like, “My wrinkles are rad” or “My bell-bell is bad ass” or something. I dunno. It’s a work in progress! “My farts are the bomb.”

19 Responses to Jaci’s Wrapple Jacket & the Time I Looked Like a Bird

1. Liz says:

Love the Bibi shirt idea!!!

2. Emily says:

Dude, I’d buy “My farts are the bomb” for each of my brothers-in-law! LOL!!!!!

love the wrapples and bummed I missed the cozies! Boo! But I’ll just wait for your breather! ;)

3. ACK! You look super, crazy, adorable in our Happy Cupcake Dress! You totally look stoked for cupcakes!

4. Caz says:

I totally love the tshirt idea, i would sooo buy one!! She defo has a photogenic face ;-)

5. Michelle says:

Bibi gear? I’m so there. Congrats on selling your cozies, they were so cute. If I drank coffee I so would want one of each. Perhaps I need to pick up drinking coffee now just to have a reason to own one. ;-) And love the wrapples. Very cute. And yes, you looked like a bird. ;-)

6. Elysse says:

apple cozy = OMGSOCUTE

7. Sandy says:

Looking like a bird is perfectly ok :-)
    I love the shirt!
    Sandy

8. Sandy says:

Oh and the apple cozies are probably the cutest thing I’ve seen in a while – I wonder how difficult it will be to always find just the right sized apples :-)
    Sandy

Well, eventhough the green cozy was too big for the apple, the apple was still securely inside. Plus, the cozies are a little bit stretchy. I think it would be ok in general, just not a super perfect fit every time ;)