Bbq’s and Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

I was going to make these for the Renegade Craft Fair for my table, but I totally ran out of time.

Instead, I made them for the joint bday bbq my brother and I had at my folks’ house on Saturday.

They look REALLY cute, but I would say that eating them was not the greatest. The ice cream cones end up kind of soggy/stale from being baked and having something liquidy in them!

In other news, Manda got all her hair chopped off and then colored! She is lucky she has the natural wave/curl which makes her bob look so cute (it’s less curly in these pictures). I have to use a curling iron every morning!

We also watched Hairy Potter on Friday night. I don’t read the books because it’s very difficult for me to suspend my disbelief while reading. Fantasy/sci-fi really doesn’t work for me in print. But I have seen all the movies. It just seems like pop cultural homework! Why is Draco aging so quickly!?!?

We picked my laptop up from the Apple store on Sunday, and it worked again for like an hour, and then all of a sudden, it demanded to be restarted, and then wouldn’t start up again. BUMMER. So we are taking it back today. What a burn!!!

No bbq video montage!

Today I continue to pack orders and ship, but this week, my goal is to finish a very cool project for someone else’s book. Fun!

16 Responses to Bbq’s and Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

1. Mermaid says:

Those look delicious even if they aren’t and I got the bread scarf today! So quick. I looooove it.

2. Cara says:

I want to make some of those cupcake cones. But instead of baking them in the cones, bake the cupcakes first then just put them in the cones. Should work better, ja?

3. Norma says:

Ooooh cupcake cones. So so good. My grandma used to make those for me when I was younger. They are so delicious!! So, I’m confused. You’re making a book about your crochet work or making a pattern book to sell?
    <3Norma.

I am working on my own book of patterns to sell, but I am also quickly creating a project and a pattern to contribute someone else’s book first! I think her book will come out before mine. More deets as they are available!

4. Jules Chan says:

Hey, Mandas hair is nice, you almost look like twins now. Definitely cant miss the pair of you : )

5. Lee says:

Super Cute~!

6. Heidi says:

Any kind of cupcake is a GOOD idea! Very cute

7. ali says:

I’ve thought about making some of those cupcake cones, now I know to scratch that idea. They looked cute though.

8. misschell says:

made those same cupcakes the night before my daughter’s b-day last year… soggy cones! kinda gross but i kinda liked them too… this year we made cheeseburger cupcakes (pic on my blog if you wanna see… july 18 post)
    ~misschell/chinamommy