WIWT: Wigglin’ my way into my 40s in a hot pink dress!

PinkCollage2“I DO NOT DO BODY CON” is something I decided for myself when body con dresses seemed to be The Thing. My comfort zone is fit-n-flare, trapeze, and A-line. When Unique Vintage asked if I might want to help them promote a certain list of dresses from their site, I saw this hot pink polka dot dress and wondered, “CAN I WEAR THAT?!”

Of course anyone can wear whatever the heck they want. I guess the real question was, “Would I feel COMFORTABLE in that?” It seemed like the perfect opportunity to take that plunge and squeeze myself into this 60s inspired wiggle dress.

WiggleCollage1Why yes, yes I am wearing some Spanx underneath there. I don’t exercise, I don’t really watch what I eat, and I’m turning 40 tomorrow. SPANX PLEASE. Tbh, Spanx do help a little, but they are not a miracle. I still have a bit of a belly pooch, but I have organs in there, and also cookies, so, it’s just logical, and totally okay. Being okay with our bodies is always a weird battle, at least for me. We’re always our own worst critics. Especially with a big birthday coming up, I’m like… WHO AM I… WHAT AM I DOING… DEFINITELY NOT YOGA?… SHOULD I BE?!

Wiggle8msI should definitely use my gym membership more. I want to be able to run from the zombies when the apocalypse comes. I don’t want to be That Girl who trips on a root and dies within the first 5 minutes. I wanna be a survivor! Hopefully I won’t be wearing these particular shoes when that moment comes, but I sure do love these shoes a lot, and they are surprisingly comfortable, although the heel is pretty thin, and feels like it might snap off at any moment. You know, on a root.

Wiggle10smI also threw on one of my current favorite necklaces: a little donut gem with some girly girl pearls. I gotta be me.

Have a great weekend everybody!!!!!!!! I have no idea what is in store for me and my big birthday. Manda planned everything, and it has been top secret. All I know is that a) she called a zoo and b) she asked if I had any banana-themed clothing……   <3

Outfit details: Dress – Unique Vintage (on sale!), Necklace – Fatally Feminine, Shoes – Amazon.com, Hair flower – Tarina Tarantino, Belt – some random other dress.

This entry was posted in What I Wore Today and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to WIWT: Wigglin’ my way into my 40s in a hot pink dress!

1. terri says:

Happy Birthday Twinkie Are you sure you’re turning 40? I love your creations. Happy Birthday and Happy Crocheting.

2. Lisa says:

You look fantastic, Twinkie! Happy Birthday!! ^___^

3. cookielu1999 says:

You are rockin that thing, girl!! Looks absolutely fabulous on you!

4. Janet says:

Happy Birthday. You look wonderful in that dress. Enjoy your party.

5. Y says:

Happy birthday Twinkie! You are amazing exactly the way you are! You will outsmart and out crochet any zombies in those heels! Enjoy your special day!

6. Tanya Bishop says:

Have the best Birthday ever Twinkie!! You look beautiful all the time, and I love the wiggle on you. xoxo

7. You look amazing!
    And you definitely don’t look 40!
    Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

8. Gina says:

Happy Birthday and thank you for the way you bring smiles and color to life.
    Can’t wait to hear about your party! LOVE the whole outfit.

Gina

9. Mina K says:

Well happy birthday Twinkie!!!!!!!
    Fourty? Are you serious? It’s probably the hair, but I would’ve guessed 25!!! And yes, always always ALWAYS love yourself. Organs and cookies do take up space, (LMAO RIGHT NOW… but I suppose that is true. note to self: remember that line and use whenever possible) and if you don’t worry about it, no one else will either.
    Have a wonderful birthday today!!
    BTW, I think I have an idea for a crochet project, based off the zombie-proof heels.

10. Shelley Cusson says:

Happy Birthday!!! I absolutely love the dress and shoes. So perfect. Hope you had a fabulous day.

11. Sarah in Houston says:

You look wonderful. I couldn’t believe it when you said you were 40!! You look so young and have such a young spirit. Have a great birthday!

12. Karen Brathwaite says:

You look great Ms. Twinkie and a happy and healthy birthday, may God bless you always.

13. Bekah says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love reading your blog. Thank you for being so generous with your time and creativity. Hope you had a wonderful birthday. You look fantastic!

14. Sophie says:

Happy Bday The dress looks amazing on you but you certainly don’t look 40!

15. Emi Gurumi says:

I feel you Twinkie! I recently turned 30 and didn’t think anything of it until I started getting some rapid weight gain out of nowhere. I’m not fat but my clothes are getting a bit tight and I’m the type of person that will gain 5lbs instantly just from eating and has to workout like I am in boot camp to just get a pound off. Which I refuse to do because that’s just ridiculous. I am as active as I can be and eat really healthy so this is the best I can do. You’re completely right when you say you just have to love and accept yourself the way you are. It’s exhausting trying to be anything else. And on that note I think you always look amazing because you are you and no one can be a TwinkieChan better than you! I love how you look! You’re definitely one of my role models and I hope I can still look as amazing and adorable as you do at 40. =)

• TwinkieChan says:

You’re the sweetest, Emi! TBH, I don’t exercise enough, and I don’t really eat well…. I really wanna work on that this year!

16. Angel says:

Just stumbled upon your blog. Happy be-lated birthday, and welcome to the club. Already knee deep in 40’s, w/a bday coming soon. Super cute. Lovely fit & I don’t think u need to worry about the gym.

Angel;)