Free Crochet Pattern at Michaels.com: Snowflake Sugar Cookie Scarf

My December Michaels.com pattern is up! It’s a brand new Snowflake Sugar Cookie Scarf, using Lion Brand Homespun, Lily Sugar n Cream, and Red Heart Shimmer.

Edit, June 4, 2014: Please find the pattern here on my blog. Michaels.com is currently re-vamping their pattern/project section, and the above Michaels.com link is disabled for now.

SnowflakeTwinkieSmallcomboThe subtle shimmer on the white yarn was hard for me to capture in photos, but this is a super sweet little decoration for yourself or someone special!

Snowflakebig1smalll

My description at Michaels.com: “I wanted to celebrate Holiday 2013 with a brand new pattern for one of my yummy food scarves, so I asked my Facebook fans for advice on which holiday pattern they’d like to see most. The winning votes went to this Snowflake Sugar Cookie Scarf, which I really love because it perfectly fits the season and has a sugary elegance without being too over the top. For a quicker project, you can work up a single snowflake sugar cookie and turn it into a brooch or hair-piece. Happy Holidays and a sweet New Year!”

Here are some close-ups of the pattern photos since the ones on the Michaels site might be a bit small. Click on them to enlarge.

Snowflake1

Snowflake2

Snowflake3

Snowflake4

Snowflake5

This entry was posted in Crochet, Patterns & How-To's and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Free Crochet Pattern at Michaels.com: Snowflake Sugar Cookie Scarf

1. Simply Delightful! I swear I can smell the icing. I can’t wait to make one – they look just like sugar cookies – the only you need to make it look vinty is silver beads on the points of the snowflakes, like my mom used …those edible beady thingys that looked like BBs? πŸ™‚ love it!

2. Amelia says:

Gorgeous! I can’t wait to make it too! Please tell me you’re going to continue designing patterns for michaels. I’ve looked forward to them each month. Thank you πŸ™‚

3. Danielle says:

That is so pretty! And now I want cookies.

• TwinkieChan says:

I have never really eaten a frosted sugar cookie that I thought was super delicious. I’m always willing to try, though!

4. Elif says:

Oh la la, this is amazing! It fits so well with the winter season <3

5. Gorgeous! Too bad it its not cold enough to need a scarf where I live, but I see brooches and hair do dads in my future!

6. Kay says:

Too cute. I plan to make one. How much of each yarn do I need?

7. Britney says:

I think I might just have died from cuteness. THAT IS THE BEST SCARF EVER! Its so adorable. Excuse me while I try and recover from this. Not breathing well.

8. Fiona says:

You are a crochet genius because this looks like cookies!! You know what would be cute little silver beads, like those little silver sprinkle balls, do you guys put them on cookies? I think it’s quite common to put them on cookies here in Australia, or I could just be rambling! he he

9. Pingback: Some news | Petits Pixels

10. Pingback: Quelques actus | Petits Pixels

11. Amy says:

Ohmygoodness………I must have one of these. This is the cutest scarf ever!!!!! And I actually have two of the three yarns in my stash already. It’s a sign. πŸ™‚ Love this!

12. Annie says:

You’re so creative! I have been crocheting for 30 years, and I’m a huge fan of fun and exciting patterns. So glad I found you! I’m going to follow your awesomeness on Twitter and Facebook now, because, well, your items are just the right amount of pizzazz!

13. Lisa says:

Love this! πŸ™‚ Is the pattern still available? I can’t find it on Michaels.

14. Sherry Bee says:

Thank you for giving this pattern a new life. I was sad that Michaels didn’t have it any longer on their site and I just discovered it! I hate being late to the party so thank you again and I hope you feel better soon.

• TwinkieChan says:

Thank you for the sweet note!! I am still really behind but fully intend to post everything here soon!

15. Rita Baker says:

I would love to have a copy of the scarf. Can you tell me where I can find it?
    Thank you.

16. Rita Baker says:

I am sorry I wasn’t clear in my first post. I am looking for the pattern.

• TwinkieChan says:

No problem! That is on my to-do list :). I will upload it here as soon as I can, but I’ve been a bit backed up with deadlines. Eventually, I need to update all these old links, since Michaels told me it could be a while before they are able to revamp the hundreds of patterns they had on their site before.

17. holly goodwin says:

I love love love this pattern. If you could send me the directions I would sooooo greatly appreciate it…. The sight is still not working to find this one… Thank you

18. Pingback: Throwback: Snowflake Sugar Cookie Scarf | Wool Pickle