Captain Orbit Sprinkles & the Galactic Donuts

This Saturday night is Locketships’s 4 Year Anniversary & Galactic Glitter Launch Party! at Meltdown Comics in L.A. I unfortunately can’t be there, but my new crochet painting will be!

Orbit the raccoon inside his rocketship is Locketship’s logo! So I crocheted him flying through a donut meteor shower for that Twinkie Chan touch! I used a bunch of different yarns, some buttons, and a bunch of pom poms. Go check it – and a ton of other fun stuff – out! It looks to be an action-packed night!

38 Responses to Captain Orbit Sprinkles & the Galactic Donuts

1. Emily says:

You have got to be kidding me!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! I’m telling you, these crochet paintings you’ve been doing are freaking COOL!

2. zambicandy says:

This is the best thing in the entire world. I love that you can do this kind of thing with your crochet powers! I really love how you twisted the flames from the rocket. And the eyes on Orbit look so cute XD I’m so sad you can’t goooo. But I plan to stare at this in person and be amaze. <3

3. Loulou says:

Fantastic! Your crochet painting is awesome.

Loulou @ Loulou Downtown

4. Lady J says:

Freakin’ incredible! So impressive.

5. Kim says:

HOLY SHIZ-NIT AHHH-MAA-ZING!

6. Sarah says:

This is so pretty and cute and freaking amazing! I’d almost want to hug it!

7. Anika says:

Oh my gosh, your crochet painting is the best thing ever! Super creative, although I’d expect nothing less. :)

8. Are you friggin kidding me right now!?!?!?” OMFG!!!!!! 😀 Totally Incred!

9. tetcutiepie says:

I want it… How much would I have to shell out for it!? 😛

10. Maggi says:

O.M.G. This is frakkin’ awesome Twinkie Chan!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Sarah says:

Ohmyglob. that is EPIC! I would pay a redonkulous amount of money to have something like that in my home. Hopefully these are on etsy soon so I can snatch one up! I would kill to have little foxes doing adorable things! Keep up the amazing work :’D

12. angela says:

Oh wow! This is incredible. I love it!!

13. Bunnhi says:

As all the comments above have stated it is unbelievable! How long did it take you? Are you thinking of doing more art pieces? I’d certainly buy a Twinkie Chan original masterpiece.

I didn’t really count the hours, but it took me longer than I thought it would! It was my main project for about a week, but I worked on some other stuff at the same time, too.

I enjoy making these pieces, but the one I made for JapanLA’s anniversary show hasn’t sold yet, so I didn’t know if there was any actual demand for them.

I plan to try selling a few smaller, simpler, cheaper pieces on Etsy, when I have time :)

14. Awww, so gorgeous! It’s great that you’re also creating one-off art pieces 😉

15. Lauren K. says:

wow twinkie! that is so awesome! it really does look like a painting!!! you should sell those on your etsy site, I bet many peeps would love to have one!

16. Ekto-Kim says:

Really cool!!!! You are so good in what you are doing….I’m a bit envious 😉 How long do you need for such a painting?

• This one took a bit longer than I thought it would, but since I work on multiple projects at once…it’s hard to say how long just the painting took. I worked on it actively for about a week :)

17. Sylvette Marie says:

super cool

18. Ha! That’s freakin’ adorable!

19. Reb Davis says:

I love all the colors & how bright everything is! It’s gonna sell like hotcakes!!

20. Jenny Quest says:

I said it before and I’ll say it again….you have truly outdone yourself! This piece is amazing! What did Locketship think?!

21. bunny says:

LOVE IT. WANT IT! Your stuff is so cute and i love making stuff from your book, are there any plans for second book?

22. chinamommy says:

i LOVE it!!!! i’m so jealous that you can make what’s in your head come out through your needle!! i’m still to new at crochet to figure out what i need to do to get it to look like what’s in my noodle!

23. Imani Manuo says:

Hello Twinkie Chan!

Your crochet painting is so adorable, everything you do is made with so much love.
    You inspired me to do a crochet painting myself for a little baby.
    If you`re interested, please have a look on my German website on http://imanimanuo.blogspot.de/2014/03/hakelkunstlerin-twinkie-chan.html.
    Stay kawaii!!!