Captain Orbit Sprinkles & the Galactic Donuts

This Saturday night is Locketships’s 4 Year Anniversary & Galactic Glitter Launch Party! at Meltdown Comics in L.A. I unfortunately can’t be there, but my new crochet painting will be!

Orbit the raccoon inside his rocketship is Locketship’s logo! So I crocheted him flying through a donut meteor shower for that Twinkie Chan touch! I used a bunch of different yarns, some buttons, and a bunch of pom poms. Go check it – and a ton of other fun stuff – out! It looks to be an action-packed night!

38 Replies to “Captain Orbit Sprinkles & the Galactic Donuts”

1. Emily says:

You have got to be kidding me!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! I’m telling you, these crochet paintings you’ve been doing are freaking COOL!

1. Thank you so much! I’m hoping to have time to make some smaller ones to put on Etsy before the holidays!

2. zambicandy says:

This is the best thing in the entire world. I love that you can do this kind of thing with your crochet powers! I really love how you twisted the flames from the rocket. And the eyes on Orbit look so cute XD I’m so sad you can’t goooo. But I plan to stare at this in person and be amaze. <3

1. Take lots and lots and lots of peektures!!!!!

3. Loulou says:

Fantastic! Your crochet painting is awesome.

Loulou @ Loulou Downtown

4. Lady J says:

Freakin’ incredible! So impressive.

5. Kim says:

HOLY SHIZ-NIT AHHH-MAA-ZING!

6. Sarah says:

This is so pretty and cute and freaking amazing! I’d almost want to hug it!

7. Anika says:

Oh my gosh, your crochet painting is the best thing ever! Super creative, although I’d expect nothing less. πŸ™‚

1. Thanks so much! πŸ˜€

8. Are you friggin kidding me right now!?!?!?” OMFG!!!!!! πŸ˜€ Totally Incred!

1. Heheh thank you! πŸ™‚

9. tetcutiepie says:

I want it… How much would I have to shell out for it!? πŸ˜›

1. It’s $285 πŸ˜‰

I think it’ll be on sale at Meltdown Comics and then after that it will be on the Locketship website for a little bit. I’ll keep everyone updated! πŸ™‚

10. Maggi says:

O.M.G. This is frakkin’ awesome Twinkie Chan!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Thanks, Maggi!!!!! You can’t lose with a rainbow πŸ˜›

11. Sarah says:

Ohmyglob. that is EPIC! I would pay a redonkulous amount of money to have something like that in my home. Hopefully these are on etsy soon so I can snatch one up! I would kill to have little foxes doing adorable things! Keep up the amazing work :’D

1. I bought a bunch of small canvases the other day to make more for Etsy. I hope I have time to squeeze in some small ones before the holidays!

12. angela says:

Oh wow! This is incredible. I love it!!

13. Bunnhi says:

As all the comments above have stated it is unbelievable! How long did it take you? Are you thinking of doing more art pieces? I’d certainly buy a Twinkie Chan original masterpiece.

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I didn’t really count the hours, but it took me longer than I thought it would! It was my main project for about a week, but I worked on some other stuff at the same time, too.

I enjoy making these pieces, but the one I made for JapanLA’s anniversary show hasn’t sold yet, so I didn’t know if there was any actual demand for them.

I plan to try selling a few smaller, simpler, cheaper pieces on Etsy, when I have time πŸ™‚

14. Awww, so gorgeous! It’s great that you’re also creating one-off art pieces πŸ˜‰

1. I am having a lot of fun with them, but I’m not sure yet if they are actually going to sell πŸ˜›

15. Lauren K. says:

wow twinkie! that is so awesome! it really does look like a painting!!! you should sell those on your etsy site, I bet many peeps would love to have one!

1. I’m gonna try to sell smaller/cheaper ones soon πŸ™‚

16. Ekto-Kim says:

Really cool!!!! You are so good in what you are doing….I’m a bit envious πŸ˜‰ How long do you need for such a painting?

1. This one took a bit longer than I thought it would, but since I work on multiple projects at once…it’s hard to say how long just the painting took. I worked on it actively for about a week πŸ™‚

17. Sylvette Marie says:

super cool

18. Ha! That’s freakin’ adorable!

19. Reb Davis says:

I love all the colors & how bright everything is! It’s gonna sell like hotcakes!!

20. Jenny Quest says:

I said it before and I’ll say it again….you have truly outdone yourself! This piece is amazing! What did Locketship think?!

1. Thanks, mama!!! Ummm I don’t really know hehee. I think she thought it was cute πŸ™‚

21. bunny says:

LOVE IT. WANT IT! Your stuff is so cute and i love making stuff from your book, are there any plans for second book?

22. chinamommy says:

i LOVE it!!!! i’m so jealous that you can make what’s in your head come out through your needle!! i’m still to new at crochet to figure out what i need to do to get it to look like what’s in my noodle!

23. Imani Manuo says:

Hello Twinkie Chan!

Your crochet painting is so adorable, everything you do is made with so much love.
    You inspired me to do a crochet painting myself for a little baby.
    If you`re interested, please have a look on my German website on http://imanimanuo.blogspot.de/2014/03/hakelkunstlerin-twinkie-chan.html.
    Stay kawaii!!!