Bedroom Corner Makeover/Clean-up!

This is what my vanity table has looked like since we moved in. The bedroom was the first room I put together, but the last room I’ve actually decorated. I started throwing stuff onto the vanity in the corner, and the pile kept growing. It became this horrible task in my head to clean up this mess, but last night, I finally dove in, and am so happy!! Much better!

The cute painting is by my buddy Shannon Shea. We made donut love in Portland.

The bird and bunny necklace holders are by my buddy Mary Beth. Her store is here and she also sells really cute jewelry! I don’t see any of the necklace holders in her shop off hand, but you should ask her if you are interested πŸ™‚

Happy Friday! I think we are seeing Harry Potter tonight!

58 Replies to “Bedroom Corner Makeover/Clean-up!”

1. kimmi says:

I’m excited to finally see parts of your new house! As cute as I expected and more!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I’ll try to keep organizing/prettifying so I can post pics of other rooms in the house πŸ˜›

2. Ellyssa says:

OMG!! THAT IS BEAUTIFUL! I am so jealous U r a really really good organizer!! Its just so pretty my room is that color blue as well. The bows in the vanity are so cute. That painting is beautiful!! I have a question though, what is that cute cupcake by all the nail polishes? Is it a purse?? Is it made to hold knitting stuff? Where did u get it? IM SO JEALOUS!! All of ur necklaces are so beautiful too. Those donuts look good.

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I am actually not very well organized most of the time! My closets are all a huge wreck πŸ™‚

The cupcake was a present from somebody and just holds stuff like rings :). I think she got it on a home shopping channel!

3. Brandy says:

Yay I see pinkzombies broochs and hair clips, your vanity is adorable

Yay!

I’m bummed the mirror on the vanity isn’t actually very useful! It’s like too far away or something from your face!

4. zambicandy says:

omg ogmgomgogmg YES YESS I LOVE IT ALLLLl!!! Blue walls and pink things ;;

1. Twinkie Chan says:

omg wait till you see what i have in store for my cheap chandelier…

1. Twinkie Chan says:

We’ll see how long it lasts before I cover it in shit again!! πŸ˜›

5. jennifer says:

i like to use those plastic spice rack containers for my make-up and assorted other things so i can see what colors and goodies i have without moving a hundred im loving the jewlery holders and bows ^^

6. MaDonna says:

OMG so cute! i love everything <3

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I received your hug tonight from Zillah! πŸ˜›

7. Sarah says:

It looks awesome! And those bird and bunny necklace holders are so precious ^__^

1. Twinkie Chan says:

They are! She makes them in so many colors, too, I kind of want them all!

8. Michelle says:

Yay! Finally caught up with your blog. I love how your fixed your little corner. So girlie. I love it. I’d love my own girlie corner one day. Fingers crossed it happens. πŸ™‚ Oh and I didn’t mention it on an earlier post, but I LOVE your crochet art with the ice cream scoop kittens. If I had to money to spare it would be mine! LOL! πŸ™‚

Aw, thanks, Michelle!!

Yeah for a long time I was like, I need to grow up, and not have a super girlie stupid house. I think I am over that now. Viva la girlie stuff!

9. Megan says:

Ok, ive searched for an hour now trying to find out what kindve perfume that is sitting on your little table. Please tell me! Its so pretty, so is your room! Cute and sweet, fits you perfectly. >(@^_^@)<

1. Twinkie Chan says:

The perfume is actually missing a cap, which looked like a flower!! It’s called Fleur and they used to sell it on Sephora, but I don’t know if the brand exists anymore. That bottle is like 10 years old πŸ˜›

10. peach nia says:

Ahhh, the wall colour is divine and white furniture is perfecto, love everything, the big pink frame is gorgeous too, eye candy!!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I want to collect really cute new knobs and stuff for the white furniture!

11. San Smith says:

Your room turned out so cute!! I’m envious of your bow collection – and YAY Shannon! <3

1. Twinkie Chan says:

San, I am positive you also have an amazingly cute accessories collection!

1. San Smith says:

haha aw – Mine is more jewelry based… you’ve definitely got me beat with bows!! πŸ™‚

12. I used to have an entire room that looked like that first photo- it took me FOREVER (years!) to finally have the courage to organize it! You couldn’t even walk in, it was so packed with junk. Literally, I’d open the door, and just throw something in when I didn’t have a place for it yet. Yup- it was that bad.

I do believe I spy with my little eye some Cicely Margo and Locketship! And is that a Yum-Yum head?!

13. Oh! And I meant to ask- is that painting from Michelle’s Bunnies & Bows show? I swear I recognize it!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

Yep, yep, yep to all!!! πŸ™‚

I like watching the show Hoarders for inspiration to not go there! πŸ˜›

14. Kari says:

Oooh! Do you love VooDoo Doughnuts, too?? Glad you came for a visit to Portland!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

It was kind of amazing!!! Too bad I was pretty full from dinner still when we went there. I couldn’t finish my froot loop donut!

15. sylvette marie says:

Love that blue color on the wall. Im a cleaning freak jjjjj ……

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I don’t mind cleaning, and I love a clean house, it’s just so time consuming, and I feel like I should be working instead!

16. Ellyssa says:

Oh yeah I don’t mean to bother you again, but does your friend sell that beautiful painting on the internet..? Also does the shopping channel your friend got that cupcake from have a website or something? Thank U! I still can’t get over how beautiful the vanity looks.

1. Twinkie Chan says:

No, I have the original and as far as I know, she is not selling prints. I’ll tell her people are interested in her work tho πŸ™‚

17. Ellyssa says:

Oh nevermind, I looked on the shopping channel website and they don’t have that beautiful sparkly cupcake box anymore. πŸ™

18. Ellyssa says:

Oh wait, Twinkie did she get it on a website or on tv?

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I really don’t know! Sorry! πŸ™‚

1. Ellyssa says:

Thanks! πŸ˜€ PS: Where did u get that sparkly pink heart necklace u wear alot? If its too much trouble, then don’t bother to answer it though. Kk THANKIES! UR ROOM Looks gorgeous and so kawaii and beautiful.

1. Twinkie Chan says:

Check out cicelymargo.etsy.com. She doesn’t have one listed but it doesn’t hurt to ask for a custom πŸ™‚

19. Alyssa says:

Those are Voodoo Donuts!

20. Sophia says:

I am in love with your room!
    and am DYING for those hanging bunny/bird sculpture things you hung your necklaces on. may I ask where you purchased it from? πŸ˜€

1. Ellyssa says:

Twinkie said quote “The bird and bunny necklace holders are by my buddy Mary Beth. Her store is here and she also sells really cute jewelry!” so heres the link http://www.etsy.com/shop/iadornu

21. Sophia says:

Sorry, ignore my previous comment I found it! πŸ˜€

22. Brianna says:

Im sooooo jealous of your room! And when I saw all of your hair bows… my jaw dropped litterly! I need all of them so cute! I hope you liked the movie. I saw already. Again everything is sooo aborable!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I should probably not let myself buy another bow ever again! πŸ˜› heheh

The movie was pretty good! I don’t read the books because I don’t really like them, so I am sure there is tons missing in the movie, but I enjoyed it for what it was!

23. Jody Sternhagen says:

Haven’t peaked at any blogs lately. That is pretty much thee most amazing stash of accessories ever! Proud to spot some of my goodies in there! And words cannot describe how amazing the bird and bunny hooks are. LOVE IT!

24. Jessie Aaker says:

The colors remind me of My Little Ponies (and childhood)!

25. Miz Cupquake says:

I have that cupcake thing that is by your nail polishes!

Also, where did you get those pastel colored animals that are holding your necklaces?

Hi! I linked to Mary Beth’s shop at the bottom of my blog entry πŸ™‚

26. Miranda says:

So cute. πŸ™‚ What do you have the bows on though? I’m assuming they are standing upright on a wall?

1. Twinkie Chan says:

Hi! the bows are actually laying down flat. The top of my vanity actually opens to reveal a shallow storage space πŸ™‚