Book Promo Video!

So my dad got me an HD digital camcorder for my bday (yay!) and I have no idea how to use it (boo!) or edit video properly (double boo!), so I’m not there yet on video quality, but I think this video is a fun answer to “HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE A CUPCAKE SCARF?” plus it shows a nice preview of the projects you can make from my book!

Now I gotta actually go and build a more informative and detailed website for the book. Don’t forget I also have a project in Jenny Harada’s “ME MAKE MONSTER”. Or at least, I think I do. I haven’t seen a copy yet. I’m gonna go put that in my shopping cart, too!

This entry was posted in News, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Book Promo Video!

1. mel says:

oh i am so excited! i can’t wait to buy this, and make my grandma knit me scarves. just kidding, i want to do it myself! eeee.

2. Twinks!!!!!! IM SO SUPER STOKED!!!! I preordered mine and then went back and preordered 4 friends ones for xmas gifts!!!! i so cant wait – and ITS just in time for yarn season! hee hee ( i only crochet in the winter) you totally rock!!!!

3. sara cupcake says:

yay! i already pre-ordred my copy!! im totals excited for it to come out!! congrats twinkie on all your success! you totals deserve it!!

4. i am SO excited for you! you’ve been seeing a lot of success lately, lady….and you deserve every bit πŸ™‚
    keep it up!

Thank you thank you!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ The more stuff happens, the more I’m afraid it will flop hehehehhehe I’m too cynical!!! But still hope for the best and try my best πŸ™‚

5. chylde says:

hey what’s that music in the background? awesome schtuff btw!

6. Fanny says:

Too cute this video!
    I have ordered from “Amazon”, delivered during November!
    I’m very impatient !!!!!
    kisses

7. chinamommy says:

Yep-pre-ordered it the second i could!!! Eeeek, can’t wait- hope I can make it as fast as you did πŸ™‚ hahaha! I love your videos! How do YOU hold the crochet hook? like a pencil?? any feelings on how to hold one or if one is in any way better?? just curious….
    ~m

I have no idea if one is better than the other :P. I don’t think I hold it like a pencil. I hold it more like when someone doens’t use a fork properly :P. I think it’s just how you learn, and what is most comfortable for you. There also seem to be a billion different ways to hold the yarn in your other hand!

8. You look like you are concentrating so hard on your crochet. πŸ™‚

SO many things I love about this video:
    Your top, your nail polish, how you get too hot to keep the sweater/shrug on….

I can’t wait to get a copy of this book. Just because I love collecting (not hoarding, mind you) knit and crochet books. AND because it’s by you…you sweet, little cupcake!

9. hey there! πŸ™‚ loving the super cute vid! and i might just have to buy that song on iTunes…fits your video perfectly. πŸ˜‰

had a tiny little question that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the video…what nail polish do you use? it is so vibrant and i have the worst trouble finding any that really looks good on and yours always looks bright and cheerful.

xoxo

The nail polish I’m wearing is called Blue Collar by Orly!!! πŸ™‚ I really like it. I just ordered a blue polish by a different brand and we’ll see how that one goes, too!

10. jessica says:

So, how long DID it take u to make the scarf?? πŸ™‚ was that all one day or did u just keep putting on the same clothes and hair-do??? Lol. :p

• kittee says:

i wanna know too! i love how your polish matched the hooks! can’t wait for your book, twinkie!

<3 kittee

I did a LOT of pre-crocheting the night before!!! i still have never actually timed it. I take a lot of breaks and do other stuff while making one scarf…. like yelling at the dogs … writing email … eating a snack, etc πŸ™‚

11. euphoria says:

you are so stinkin CUTE! Love this video, so can’t wait for the book- congrats on all of you sucess!! Now, i need to find where I can get some Yummy You tees… didn’t see them at Delias :o(

I would point you to sites that carry other shirts, but frankly I have no idea yet aside from JapanLa carrying one (a cool one! hehe). Otherwise, we are also working on doing direct orders on the Yummy You website…but it’s still in the works!

12. Andrea says:

Very helpful video πŸ™‚ LOL
    I loved it

13. BABY D says:

as soon as i get paid im gunna pick one of these up! i <3 everything about twinkie chan πŸ™‚ do you think you could post pictures of your tattoos? they look super cute and im curious haha..

14. Marie-Soleil says:

OMG!!! I’m waiting so long for this!! I can’t wait until november! Your book gonna be my birthday gift. (TO: me FROM: me!)
    Thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

15. poohknit says:

I pre-ordered your book from Amazon!!!!! I can’t wait!!!!!!

16. Brianna says:

This blew my mind.

17. TheShoeGirl says:

You’re SO adorable!!! Our mutual friend (John Oswald) was telling me about you and I’m so glad he did. You’re a sweet injection of sugar into my day! I can’t wait to see your future success.

xoxo

18. Emily says:

FUN FUN FUN!!! I can’t wait for your book to come out! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

19. Team Edward says:

The first day or towards mid-november?

20. Miki says:

Cool video and awesome scarf!

Miki.

21. brandy vond says:

omg cutest video yet!!!!!!!!!

22. Caz says:

jeez hw easy do you make that look πŸ˜› I can’t crochet to save my life!!