Twinkie Goes (mid)West

We were just in Minnesota last weekend for Hairy’s cousin’s wedding. The wedding was on their grandpa’s giant lake-side property. There were clouds of mosquitoes and big bugs running all over the place. It was terrifying! But it was fun to meet more of Hairy’s peeps. People kept saying, “Don’t mind our crazy family!” Oh, everyone’s family is a liiiittle bit crazy! It’s all good… until someone starts yelling angrily and threatening to bust every window in the house (been there, done that). But there was no yelling. Just fun people, yummy food, and cute babies.

Here’s the fun video montage!!!! A roller coaster ride inside the Mall of America is included for your barfy pleasure!

Untitled from Twinkie Chan on Vimeo.

And some photoz!

I think this is the 1st photo I forced us to take by the lake.

This is after I discovered the giant clouds of bugs hanging out by the lake.

Here is us in a sculpture garden. I had to pinch and tickle Hairy to get him to smile. Also I need to stop opening my mouth for photos and video. It’s a weird instinct that must go away.

Ginormous spoon and cherry sculpture by Claes Oldenburg & Coosje Van Bruggen. We studied Oldenburg – known for his giant soft sculptures – when I was in grade school, and we all made giant soft sculptures of our own. I made a giant squishy purple mailbox you could chillax inside of. I used it as a fort for a really long time. I made it purple so that it would match my bedroom….

He was so stern, he needed someone to be jumping around next to him.

We had dinner with Hairy’s friends – Hilary, and Isara and their menz. It turned out that Isara’s dude and Hairy had the SAME WALLET!!! TWINZZZ.

Finally, here’s me in our hotel room, cowing out over the best chips ever. Hairy’s fam was really nice and let me take home their chips! I brought the box home, too, and need to think of something funny to do with it…..

Next entry: The greatest Gundam model-builder in the world. You’ll see.

32 Responses to Twinkie Goes (mid)West

1. You don’t have Old Dutch chips in California?????

2. Sylvette Marie says:

Love the Video i see you too have fun…

But what sup with the justing song why he have to do that on his wedding day…*^#@ ??? pour bride in front of everybody 😛 …shits happens when people got marry, and that the star of ther life jjjj…

3. chinamommy says:

loved the video! Yes, swarms of mosquito’s EVERYWHERE in Michigan too…nothing like the smell of DEEP WOODS OFF all summer long as perfume!

I have never seen so many of them swarm on a person before!!

• Come visit me! I will show you our Wisconsin mosquito swarms and Old Dutch potato chips! No..seriously. Next time you are Hairy are in MN let me know and I will see if I can get over there. I would love to meet you guys in person.

He totally asked where you lived, but then it seemed really far and I didn’t want to make anyone travel like 5 hrs or whatever, but if you are game, then next time next time!!!!

• I live near Milwaukee, WI..to give you a rough idea. About 30 minutes North of Milw. It’s about 4.5 hours to MPLS BUT Chris has a bunch of friends there and his Dad lives about an hour outside of there as well. It’s a trip that we take once in awhile. I have not been to The Cities since..umm..whenever the last Olympic opening ceremonies were. I think that was July the Summer before last? Let me know next time you are in the area! If Chris can get off work I am totally game!

4. chinamommy says:

ok, is this a weird request…? But would you post a mini (i don’t need 5 hours) of you actually crocheting?! I’m new & just wonder how fast you crochet and how you hold your needle! Crochet Geek request!

5. Willow_wantz says:

You’re actually cute enough to open your mouth for pics and videos. It seems a natural instinct for many people. That’s so cool you got to go to mall of America! I liked the vid of the ride 😀

6. Love the video, and that sculpture is fantastic xx

7. Petra says:

I love Oldenburg! He’s such a boss! I would love to see one of his pieces in person.

8. robyn says:

yay, I live in minneapolis about 10 min from the walker sculpture garden! did you get to hit any of the restaurants while you were here?

9. Kimmie says:

Uh excuse me? Is Hairy eating taco- in-a-bag? We used to make that all the time on camping trips when I was a girl scout leader. We ate all kinds of weirdness…good times! Also, my one year old loved the music on that video. He danced around the whole time…so funny.

10. dollbabytina says:

i am from chicago but went to MN to get married in that sculpture garden. i love that place! next time you go to MN you must hit liberty frozen custard and cakeeater bakery!

11. Kayleigh says:

My boyfriend loves gundams 😀 he only has about 4 though because me, his mum and his friend all bought him one at the same time and it was gundam overload haha. He’s moved onto Warhammer (again).

12. dumbdrop says:

I really like the cute wallet where did hairy get it?

13. Michelle says:

Another awesome video as usual. Loved the roller coaster part. :-) Looks like you two had an awesome time. :-)

14. nel says:

omg! Hairy knows Isara? she was one of my LJ buddies in like 2005. i remember emailing her back and forth about art school because i almost went to the same school she went to. we kinda lost touch over the years :/

15. Coco says:

I live in MN! Hope you enjoyed ur time there! Yup the mosquitos suck, but that garden is sooo beautiful in the summer!