Go big or go home: New Tattoo!

Last year, Hairy’s bday present to me was a lollipop tattoo. I then asked my friend Marissa if she could draw a few pieces for me. I’ve always loved her pieces that look kinda shiny and delicious. But I knew it might be hard to translate into a tattoo-able sketch.

It kinda took me a while to get my schedule together with my artist Holly’s schedule, but I finally went in this weekend to get my lolli on!

I don’t think I originally intended for this to cover so much of my arm, but to get a really good twisty lolli, size helps!

I was super swollen yesterday, but it is much better today. I can’t wait for it to heal up! I have to admit that I feel somewhat more balanced now since I had one inky arm and one totally blank arm! I also booked an appointment in June to finally get to finishing my sleeve.

When I was sitting in the chair on Saturday, I was like, “Why am I doing this to myself? This HURTS!” I thought more and more about how the needle was digging into my skin, depositing foreign debris INSIDE MY BODY. It got really disturbed by it all. No, I don’t regret any of it. I love all my work. I know I will have them when I’m 90 years old (my favorite comment from people). I’m just saying I think it’s kinda weird, too. Then I think about all the traditional, tribal, warrior-type tattooing that has happened all over the world for centuries. “Therapeutic” tattoos on a 5,000 year old ice man. Ritualistic and spiritual tattoos from Egypt to Japan. Etc etc etc. I don’t know where I’m going with this. My cutesy-poo art makes my day a bit brighter. I think that’s a powerful thing.

69 Responses to Go big or go home: New Tattoo!

1. Rach says:

I adore your new work. Colourful cute tattoos are super! My Thumper bunny keeps me smiling πŸ™‚ yay for you!

2. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
    It’s SO superfantastic! OMG I LOVE IT!!!! And I totally feel you about the cutesy art making your day brighter – I agree! GREAT choice – Great application! Kudos to everyone involved in the process it looks FAB!

3. Chiaki says:

It’s so pretty~!
    I’m not that into tattoos myself but this is just brilliant. So colourful. ❀

4. Willow_wantz says:

It turned out so nice, very cute! It brightens my day just to look at it. Very nice art work by everyone involved and it looks especially cute on you : )

5. zambicandy says:

woowww it looks so beautiful and vibrant πŸ˜€

6. tif says:

wow! that’s awesome.. def balances out your super cool sleeve on the other arm! you are the only one I know that can pull off this much cuteness and get by with it! ^ . ^ V

I’ll be in trouble if I enter my business suit phase… hehehehe j/k

• tif says:

that’s what sleeves are for πŸ˜‰
        funny I can totally picture you in like alil cute pink business suit with one of your cuppy cake pins on the jacket πŸ˜‰ (think legally blonde but gone twinkie!)
        twink I don’t think it’s possible for you to be anything but adorable!

7. Gothcupcake says:

I’ve been considering my first tattoo for a while, I’m really picky about artists so I still haven’t found the person I trust to break my ink cherry. I think I’d like a cupcake (my namesake) and/or something spooky like a bat or a coffin… or maybe a replica of Elvira’s tattoo in her first movie πŸ˜›

The colors are so bright and it’s incredible how much the tat looks like the images!!! When it comes to ink, if it makes you happy that’s all that matters. πŸ™‚

I think it’s so good you are being picky about the artist. I think a lot of people don’t really consider that part of the equation!

I’ve seen spooky versions of cupcakes as well, like skull cupcakes and the like! They are cool!

8. dana says:

The thing that I adore about your tattoos is that they are gorgeous and so integrated with your life, your biz and who you are! I also think that tattoos that are *beautiful* will be more awesome for longer than tattoos that are complex with multiple levels of significance… you are making your bod look soooo cute and cool! I love that… I have been thinking about this lots even though I don’t have tattoos… and check out the world’s most tattooed grandma http://www.bizarremag.com/weird-news/tattoos-body-art/6666/tattooed_granny.html

xoxo
    dana

9. Corey says:

You have the best tattoos!!! I absolutely love it. How creative and fun.

10. skerrington says:

It’s so pretty! Thanks for stopping by yesterday. πŸ™‚

Ooops, sorry I didn’t respond to this one!! heheh

Thanks to you, too!!

Are you guys planning your next craft show appearance?

• skerrington says:

Only in general…Don’t have a specific fair picked out yet, just looking forward to doing another one at some point. How about you?

11. Amy Cluck says:

Sooooo pretty! Have you had anyone ask to lick your arm yet?

12. Sarah Glover says:

It’s Beautiful! And Don’t Fret Your Going to Be The Coolest Looking 90 Year Old Lady Everrrrr! All the Other Elderly People Will Just Be Jealous πŸ™‚ <3

13. denise says:

So I just requested july 30th – August 4th off ! I’m for real coming this year !
    We have to catch a meal or something πŸ™‚

14. grrfeisty says:

i wish i had the guts to do something like that! πŸ™‚

15. Judy / IslandBroad says:

That’s FABO! That is what I think of when I think of Twinkie Chan. Colorful. Bright. Larger than life. Cute. Forever young!

I will be 30 this year & just now decided to get some ink also really wanting to get the right tattoo artist. Kind of scary!

16. Jenny Delish says:

Holy SHIT…Holly’s work is amazing. I am seriously blown away. How did you find her!?
    O_O

I totally found her on the internet while I was trying to look at local artists!!! She had a power puff girl, strawberry shortcake, and a skull with crossed fork and knife in her portfolio and I knew I had to meet her!

17. kat binkley says:

That tat is sooo cute!!! im getting my first one soon πŸ™‚

18. Nikki G says:

I think it looks GREAT!
    I am glad you chose the one that looked more like an actual lollipop, its cute.

I saw a guy the other day with his entire face and left side of his body (or what i could see of it anyway) covered in the tribal tattoo’s on the Maori people (of New Zealand)

I think when you are 90, you will look at them and smile, associating each one with something you did , or a time in your life that you never want to forget.
    <3 <3

19. Nymphetamine says:

I think your art is brilliant! It doesn’t matter what it will look like when you are 90 because its about self expression and you will still be you at 90. I’m designing a back piece at the moment. It is so hard to design a large piece. How did you go about choosing bits for your sleeve?

I am so not a visual/graphic designer. I simply pulled images that I liked, and gave them to my tattoo artist to assemble. I may have done things differently… swapped out a few items. It’s hard!

20. andreanna says:

Aww it’s so cute!

21. lolo says:

ballin tattoo!

I’m planning on getting my first tattoo this summer. Its gonna be a piece of toast in a little picture frame πŸ˜€

22. Brigitte says:

It’s so amazingly pretty, swoons!

23. I wonder who’s gonna care about our tattoos when we will be old women—:-))
    I really don’t mind..and I think I’ll getmore and more tattoos…my mum says: once again?a new one!??
    ahahhhah!
    I totally love ink on skin, and I love to admire them on my body.this is the reason.If you feel better like this, it’s totally ok, that you’ll never care about what others can think or say.

24. Sandy says:

This is soooooo cool! Super sweet! I definitely want a tattoo but couldn’t decide for one yet

I’ve wanted one since I was a teenager and didn’t get one until my late 20s, so I feel you. Be patient. It will come to you! πŸ™‚

• Sandy says:

I wish I still were in my 20s haha… but I know when I find the right tattoo and the courage then I’ll go for it.
        Have you got any tipps how to find a good tattoo artist? I haven’t got any friends who have tattoos which I like but I want something as colourful as yours. So where would you start look for a good artist? Vienna is darn big… huhhhhh

25. Tessel says:

So cute! I love the bow πŸ™‚

26. ida says:

i love your tattoos <3 so sweet and cute ^^' and i also love your style. that is so funny when i see your twinkie chan products in the internet first time i just think your style is so near my style πŸ˜€ i love all pink and cute πŸ˜€ im from finland and thats why its ever more funny ^^* bye bye

aw, thanks for the sweet comment, ida!

yes, the internet can be so lovely for that very reason!!!!! all of us girls with similar interests can find each other!

27. Panda says:

Aww, shoot. Now I want cute adorable tattoos on me. πŸ˜€ Bows and rainbows = a yes! But I’m a real wuss for pain. </3

I admire sweet looking people who can whip out their ink. :3

Some people tell me that they their tattoo artists are ok with them using topical numbing agents they can get at the doctor. I have never asked my artist tho… I don’t like the pain either!

28. Emily says:

That is charming! I think it’s a delightful tat!

LOL @ the 90 years old comment. I like how that’s always the first thing out of people’s mouths who don’t care for tattoos.

29. Alyssa says:

That’s adorable! I lvoe that you get tatoos that are super cute and fun instead of the regular stupid ones. πŸ™‚

30. Sylvette Marie says:

I love Bows and Candy… cute one Twinkie

31. Pingback: Tats n’ Things! – Crazy Spork I Am Blog

32. Pingback: Lollipop Tattoo With Pink Bow – Cute Tattoo Designs | Hawaii Kawaii Blog