SO I FINAALLLLY finished the sushi scarf sample for my pattern book. It took forever because (A) it takes forever anyway, lots of pieces, lots of sewing, lots of weaving-in-ends! but also (B) I tweaked the pattern a bit so that it would read a bit more cleanly and logically. I prefer the final look when I use a more complicated and less logical technique, but the result is still pretty decent with the simplified instructions. I normally am not a fan of shortcuts, but I still want the patterns to be understandable and executable!
While re-vamping my pattern for the EBI/shrimp, I ended up with a couple leftovers. It seems sad to just toss them, but I don’t know that anyone would want to wear them in the form of like a brooch or a hair clip!!! It’s kinda weird!
So, tonight, I will keep cleaning up the text of the sushi pattern and also fix some of the instructional graphics, and then I need to hustle and make the next project on my list. I have no idea how much or how little we can speak about this project, so here is just a teeeeny tiny peeksy…. ****EDIT**** Okay, I just got an email asking us not to post photos of designs, even though mine was really not a full-on sketch, but on the safe side, I deleted it! I’ll make a post about the event, though, tomorrow!