I’m a bit late to blog about this, but this is happening 1 more time tomorrow, December 18, at 6pm ET. In collaboration with Joann & Creativebug, I’ll be teaching a free online class on how to make super cute felt gingerbread ornaments! Click here to RSVP and sign up!
You probably already have most of the supplies at home, and it’s very easy to substitute various trims and buttons. I do love these little DIY peppermint buttons, though. I kind of want to put them on everything!
You also have so much freedom to design whatever shapes of felt cookies you want! That little kitty cat cookie was a last-minute addition but has been getting so much love on Instagram. You still have time to hand-sew a bunch for your own tree or for gifts!
Here is a materials list for the class. Don’t forget to RSVP so that you can the link to the free class.
- 1 sheet of brown or tan felt
- ¼ inch baby rick rack in white
- 12 inches of twine, string, thin ribbon, or yarn
- 2 x 3/8 inch white buttons – these buttons must have 4 holes
- 2 x ¼ inch black buttons for eyes
- Black embroidery floss or sewing thread
- Red embroidery floss
- Brown or tan embroidery floss to match your felt
- Pink embroidery floss
- Small amount of polyester stuffing
- Cereal box, cardboard, cardstock, or regular paper
- Pen or pencil
- Fabric marking tool
- Paper scissors