Everything’s better with sprinkles.

I’ve been working on a tutorial for a wonderful blog, and I busted out some of the fancy sprinkles for that project! I keep waiting for a nice day to shoot photos of the finished product, but it has been pretty rainy and yucky here in San Francisco, so I think that whatever weather we have on Saturday, I’ll just have to go with it and shoot photos regardless!

I also finished up a fun wholesale order for ShanaLogic so stay tuned for that!

While I was working on these projects, I decided to see what it would look like to put sprinkles all over a swirly whip cream blob.

Looks pretty yummy on its own! But maybe a little weird as a brooch or hair clip. I’d stick a cherry on top, too, but I think it would look too much like a boob :/.

23 Replies to “Everything’s better with sprinkles.”

1. Logan evans says:

Everything really does look better with sprinkles because they are so colorful and shiny. πŸ˜€ just looking at them makes you happy.

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I have plans to make these really cute sprinkles bracelets… I need to get on that project!

2. Natalie says:

I would put that boob right on my head.

3. Ashley says:

I think those sprinkles are extremely cute!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

Thank you! They have been harder to find in my big craft stores lately. Lame!

4. nova says:

Total boob. Good call!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I guess the boob could work for some people!

5. if not a cherry, then a candy with twist ties on the ends, it wouldn’t feel like a female anotomy and i would style totally wear it.

1. Twinkie Chan says:

But how often does one see a candy sitting on top of a meringue? πŸ˜› hehehe

Oh re: craft fairs, the applications for those fairs haven’t even started up yet, so I dunno yet πŸ™‚

6. zen says:

I think it looks like cupcake frosting with sprinkles! Bring on the Plushie Cupcakes!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I realize I could probably move a lot of product if I made plushie food, but I Figured years ago that so many people were doing that, that I wanted to try to make all my food usable or wearable in someway!

7. MochiPan says:

If only you could put sprinkles on other stuff too… bad days, bad hair…! I’d like some of your sparkly sprinkles on my bad day today please!

8. caz says:

That sprinkle covered whiped cream thing is so cute πŸ˜€ I think it could work as a brooch!! Well i know i’d like it πŸ˜›

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I think they would look really good, lined up on the collar of a cardigan!! I wanna try it, but I know it would be SOO heavy.

9. Amy says:

I think it’s very cute! How do you get the sprinkles to stay on? Have you found any specific glue that holds better than others on yarn fabrics?

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I use different glues for all different projects!!! Glue is never my favorite option, but sometimes it’s a necessary evil, especially if you don’t want to charge 8 kabillion dollars for handsewing all your bling on!

10. Rach says:

I think the whipped cream looks great! I’d wear it as a hair clip πŸ™‚

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I’m thinking I might stick a big strawberry on it?! I dunno yet!

11. Jacci says:

your sprinkled cream boob swirl totally reminds me of whipple (http://www.whipple.com/). i know it’s a kids toy, but i bought some and made cute jewellery and hair stuffs.

1. Twinkie Chan says:

Oh wow! Deco den for white people! hehehhee
      j/k I just think of all the faux whipped cream stuff as very Japanese πŸ™‚

12. tetcutiepie says:

I really like the swirl and just, the entire shape and look of this! To me, besides the taste, the next most important thing about a cupcake is the swirlness of its frosting! I really don’t like fondant cupcakes :p I think this would definitely look cute as a hairclip – like a little whipped cream dollop! Cherry would be a nice touch but it’s cute on its own πŸ™‚