New roommate is here!

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 3.52.36 AM

So this is what the driveway looked like yesterday. Manda moved all her stuff in on Saturday, and most of it was in the garage, then she emptied out the garage to re-organize all the stuff, and so that we could also sort through stuff in my storage-area/crawlspace. Luckily, we shoved everything back into the garage before dark! The house is still exploding a bit, but Manda already cooked a first dinner, and we already had our first dinner guest, so all is moving forward and dandy!

I posted a lil video to YouTube over the weekend to show you guys my craft-room process and to blab about some other stuff.

18 Responses to New roommate is here!

1. Lee says:

Mandy has a lot of stuff!

2. Lee says:

Mandy has a lot of stuff.

3. Fiona says:

Oh man I can relate, having had a few of those “printer on the floor” move moments myself, in the last few years. Moving sucks but it does give you a nice chance to go through your stuff and re-organise! It also looks like you get a lot of nice light in your living room and the blue walls are super pretty 🙂 Good luck getting it all fine tuned and meeting your deadline and sorry I have no suggestions on a book title, errr, ummm…A Crocheted Edible Home, lol, book title fail! 😛 😛

• TwinkieChan says:

Said printer is now not working!!! Hahah. I don’t know whether to get rid of it, or try to get it fixed. Boooo, printer!!!!!!

4. Vanessa says:

As far as Mother’s Day goes, when you asked what we were making an idea popped into my head. I was thinking about a crocheted cover for one of those microwaveable, scented with essential oil rice heating pad things. I’ve seen how to make up a basic rice heating pad online somewhere, but I envision something cute to cover it up with and to make the heat not too intense. Like, a crocheted strip that is sewn together to overlap in the back like a pillow sham. Anyway, I can’t figure out what to make the crocheted thing be. Like, cake? A monkey?

5. Angie says:

Those green chairs rock!

6. Jenn says:

My book title ideas are totally ridiculous but they’re, “Yummy Homey” or “Yummy at Home!” or “Yummy Cozy Home!”.

7. Bianca Alicia says:

One good thing about your new craft room, you are right next to the kitchen now. Snack Break!!

The only thing I can think of for a title would be something along the lines of “Handmade Homies” or something along those lines. I dunno. Home Goods by Hand? I’ll try and think of more title possiblities.

8. Carly says:

Manda’s shirt! I have that exact same shirt and I love it!!

• TwinkieChan says:

I got if for her, and I have one, too!

• Carly says:

AHHH you continue to be just the coolest. My next tattoo is going to a Frankenstein, but I’m hoping to get it kind of chibi style cute. Hard to find an artist who does that style in my neck of the woods! (the woods of Western Washington 🙂

9. Anita Jensen says:

loved this sneak peek into your space! I love looking at the knikknaks that people have that inspires them.

My name idea: Get Hooked on Twinkies House

variations: Get Hooked on Twinkies {house}
    Hooked on Twinkie’s Home
    Getting Hooked at Twinkie’s House

The food part comes in with your name/snack. Which could be emphazized with a crocheted twinkie as the background of the title, or a cartoon twinkies making up your name.

🙂

• TwinkieChan says:

Thanks so much for brainstorming with me!! I can’t actually reference Twinkie the food…..I don’t think Hostess would like that very much 😛

10. Gina says:

Oh, I hope you’re both all settled or getting settled into a new and comfortable routine. Give us an update when you can!

Gina