Yes, I am writing my second crochet book! It’s true!

BookPeek1

So you’ve probably seen me mention it a little bit on Facebook, andΒ hint about it on YouTube, or straight up talk about “I’m writing this book right now!” on Instagram, but I haven’t really announced it here on my blog. YES. I am writing my second book :). FINALLY!

We only have a working title right now, which may end up being the final title… but I really don’t want to talk about the title or anything until closer to publication and until we’re actually promoting cover art. I WILL tell you that my second book is going to be all about crocheting stuff for your home :). There is one really awesome item that’s for you to wear, but I wanted to focus more on stuff that you could use around the house to make life more yummy.

I have a really tight deadline, which is why I haven’t been blogging as much, although I would like to blog more even while I’m crazily crocheting and writing. Most of the projects are brand new and are still just figments of my imagination (I’m actually making sketches of everything right now for my editor), so I have a lot of work ahead! My deadline for the whole thing is June 1, and the book miiiiiight come out in Spring 2016. I’ll let you know more whenever I learn more!

The image above is from right before I sent some items to my buddy Marissa to photograph. So yeah, those thingies up there will be in the book, and that’s the only peek you get for now!

This entry was posted in Crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Yes, I am writing my second crochet book! It’s true!

1. Ashley says:

I am beyond excited for your 2nd book!!! YAY!!!!!!

2. Naomi says:

AH this is exciting NEWS!!!!! I bought your first book and I’m ecstatic you’re making a second one!!! You’re 100% my #1 crochet inspiration. I canNOT wait to see what this new book has in store but until then, my hooks will be waiting!!

xoxox, Naomi http://bunnyandfawn.blogspot.com/

3. Joan says:

Wishes to you filled with loads of funtimes of creativity with the making of your second book. I just love your first book and will also get your second book. Thank you for sharing.

4. Shannon says:

This is just aces!

5. Monica says:

Congratulations! How exciting!!! I very very muchly hope it includes the Tea Party scarf pattern.

• TwinkieChan says:

Thanks, Monica!!!! Actually, there’s not a single scarf in this book! But maybe after I finish writing the book, I can focus more on single patterns for Etsy πŸ™‚

6. Elizabeth says:

Yay!! I’m so excited for you! πŸ™‚

7. I couldn’t be more happy for you and for us! πŸ™‚ You rock and keep writing and crocheting!

8. Maggi says:

YES! Hook it to my veins!!!

9. Sarah says:

Do you need/want a graphic designer/crochet artist to help with cover and/or layout?I would love to work with you!

10. Sarah Schulte says:

So that’s where you have been, Yeah so excited!

11. Laurel says:

WHOOOHOOOOO! Yay can’t wait, but will πŸ™‚

12. Suki says:

Great! Your first book made want to learn how to crochet (still trying, I’m a coward). I’ll be buying this one when it comes out!

13. I can’t wait. I realllly hope your hamburger scarf will be in it. πŸ˜€

14. Janell says:

Yasssssssss! Can’t wait! The first thing I learned to crochet was your cupcake scarf!

15. Fiona says:

SUPER CONGRATS! Mega excited for you – that sneak peak is awesome!

16. Crystal Wall says:

So excited for you new book! Congratulations! I cant wait for it to be sitting on my shelf. You inspire me to use my imagination when it comes to crocheting items. Thanks so much!
    ~Crystal
    Crochet, A Day In The Life

17. Bianca Alicia says:

The little anchovie looks like one of those catnip toys. …. I would totally put it on a hair clip, just like I did with your free pattern for goldfish crackers.

18. Sarah says:

I’ll have to get a move on on the first book then! I have been learning how to crochet recently just so I can make some of the things you share πŸ™‚ I’m still not great, but I am getting there. Can’t wait to see whats in the next book!

19. Kya says:

That is awesome news, I can’t wait to see it! πŸ˜€

20. Jeri Rush says:

So excited for your next book. Just got your first book after seeing you in the Room to Create magazine. I have already finished three of your patterns. Maybe a cupcake Kleenex box for your next book or a picture frame! What about baskets to put knick knacks in.

• TwinkieChan says:

Thanks so much, Jeri!! There is another kleenex box cozy in the book, but it’s a surprise πŸ˜‰

21. Cheri says:

Woo hoo! I’m so happy for you! …And me, because I will get a copy πŸ˜€

22. Fefe says:

Can’t wait to see the new book! I’m hoping for the frosted animal cookies to be included..they are so cute and I’ve been wanting to make them for a long time <3

23. Congrats on the book deal, and best wishes with the pattern designing. I hope it all comes together flawlessly. I’ll look forward to seeing what you come up with!

24. Jan says:

I think it was a couple of years ago.. There was book you were promoting on your site that had a bunch of Sanrio patterns in it. I think it was like $90. Can you tell me the title of that book? Is it still available?

• TwinkieChan says:

Hmmm I don’t recall talking about a $90 book. I can only recall the “Hello Kitty Crochet” book, which is an amigurumi book?