Crochet Book Alert! Make your favorite characters from the Peanuts gang!

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 2.51.08 AM

My friend Kristen from Schmancy has a new crochet book and kit out! Peanuts Crochet (affiliate link)! She asked if I wanted to throw my crochet hat in, and I said sure!

You’ll find patterns by me in the book for Charlie Brown, Peppermint Patty, Sally Brown, and my most favorite of all: WOODSTOCK!

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 2.58.50 AMI took some “behind the scenes” photos while making these guys, but this was in 2014, and I have no idea where those are now…! Sorry! We worked on Charlie Brown first to get the pattern just right, and there was a lot of back and forth with the Peanuts people to make sure they liked the proportions and the facial features (I kept wanting to make his eyes bigger and closer together…! Doh!). Then we based the rest of the characters on the basic Charlie Brown pattern (but not Snoopy or Woodstock of course!).

I hope that old school Peanuts fans get a kick out of this book! Do you have a favorite Charlie Brown movie? Mine is the camping one, “Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown!”

This entry was posted in Crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Crochet Book Alert! Make your favorite characters from the Peanuts gang!

1. cookielu1999 says:

Oh, wow!! Thank you so much for sharing this Twinkie Chan!! My brother loves these characters so I will have to get the set and make them a for him! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

2. Man Lee says:

I like all the Charlie Brown movies.

3. Lee says:

I like all the Charlie Brown cartoons.

4. Stephanie B. says:

Love Peanuts, put this on my wishlist!

5. Pingback: New Crochet Patterns + Tutorials, Art, Fashion and More (Link Love) |

6. Joan says:

Thank you for sharing, I love Charlie Brown and friends, I treated myself and ordered this crochet book kit. Now the excitement of waiting for it to arrive.

7. I have no words! This is so great!

8. Piper says:

This is super adorable!

9. k k c says:

I was wondering how tall Charlie Brown measures when finished. Love Peanuts gang & crocheting.

10. Chloe says:

Hi!
    These are so awesome.
    I’m making Woodstock now, but I’m having a problem on Round 5. I check Ravelry for pattern help, but Woodstock isn’t even on there! I guess because the kit is so new?
    My confusion is the direction (sc2tog, 3sc) 8x. How is it possible to accomplish this in a single round starting with 14 stitches and ending with 6?
    I’m probably over thinking this, as happens too often with me, but I thought I’d reach out to you anyway.
    Thank you in advance!

• TwinkieChan says:

Hi! Since you’re working in spiral, basically just keep going around and decreasing 8 times until you have 6 sts remaining. Does that help at all? It’s not that it’s supposed to all fit in one rnd, just keep repeating the motif.

• Chloe says:

Wow! Thank you for the quick reply!
        I knew I was overthinking it.
        I’ve finished him now and he’s super adorable.
        Thanks again!

11. Pingback: 25+ Crochet and Craft Books from 2015 |

12. Wendy says:

These are so cute-great job. Personally, I prefer to make smaller Amis because I don’t get bored with them so these are right up my alley! ❤️

13. fanfan8308 says:

hi,
    the crochet kit is really great ! I love peanuts characters 🙂
    My Peppermint Patty is almost done but I don’t understand for the hair 🙁
    there’s no picture of the back of the hairdo …
    thanks for your help

• TwinkieChan says:

Sorry about that. Space was very limited in that little book! I just used a combination of long stitches and also cutting the yarn off and starting again so that some of the strands are free like real hair.

14. Traci says:

I struggled with the instructions for Charlie Brown’s shoes, round 3. The instruction to hdc4tog 2x didn’t close the shoe. I read the directions for hdc4tog in the book and looked online and they all say to do in the same stitch (ball/puff stitch) but I found that did not close the shoe and didn’t make it all the way around the round, reducing the work from 12 stitches in round 2 to the 6 indicated at the end of round 3. I worked each hdc into a stitch of it’s own, still ending up with 9 loops on the hook and truly reducing 4 stiches to one which did effectively close the shoe, end with the appropriate 6 stitches and it looks like a shoe but I wonder if this is ok.

• TwinkieChan says:

Yes, the hdc4tog is a decrease stitch, which turns 4 stitches into one. It’s not a puff stitch, really.

• Jessica Hinz says:

Traci – Did you ever find just the book? or a similar product. I agree with another person who commented on amazon – they didn’t want the kit, because they wanted to get all of their own yarn, so that all of the colors matched appropriately. Thanks in advance!

• Traci says:

Hi Jessica,
        I bought the kit to work with. It only comes with a small amount of yellow, white, black and brown (to make snoopy, Charlie brown and Woodstock) so I still was able to purchase the yarns of my choice for the other characters. That was a job! Like your friend, I wanted all the colors to be perfect for each character and I was able to find exactly the right ones but it took some time.

15. Joan Abate says:

I only want the patterns to crochet not the kit.