WIWT: My Miss Kika x JapanLA Clothing Moonlight Legend Tee!

SMoon3I’m going to admit right this moment that I am not a hardcore Sailor Moon fan. I don’t have anything against it. I just really have not watched ONE SINGLE EPISODE in my whole life. Sailor Moon was always Manda’s thing, and I was never really curious. I have pretty much not watched any anime at all, which is oftentimes disappointing to random strangers who come up to me and want to talk about anime….

SMoon4I am, however, a fan of my pal Miss Kika, who drew this artwork for a Sailor Moon art show, which is now available on this gloriously comfy and beautimous tshirt from JapanLA Clothing. I pre-ordered this bad girl for me and my bestie because I knew it would go fast! I think there are a few more here and there, and only size Large available left at the JapanLA site.

I paired this tee with a Tarina Tarantino necklace and a little rainbow hair bow that I crocheted. I’m just wearing dark denim shorts underneath. No big. I haven’t really figured out how to style this yet, but I wanted to show you guys ASAP!

This entry was posted in What I Wore Today. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to WIWT: My Miss Kika x JapanLA Clothing Moonlight Legend Tee!

1. Angela Nelson says:

Wow, that tee is so bright and colourful! I am not a fan of anime, but you look gorgeous in this.

2. Shawna says:

I love this tee! I have been following her on IG and I just love seeing her photos! I am a huge fan of Sailor Moon!

3. Emi Gurumi says:

Looks really good. I especially like how you’ve got a pink to purple to blue gradient going on from your hair to your shorts. xD
    I don’t think I’ve ever watched an episode of Sailor Moon either….
    But the artwork is still cool!

4. jaymipop says:

I watched the first episode of the new version on Hulu the other day and I was surprised that I liked it so much, I laughed so hard!

• TwinkieChan says:

So can one start watching the new one and understand what is happening if they’ve never watched anything else before?

• jaymipop says:

Totally. It starts from the beginning and sort of retells her story. I liked it, but have been told by someone who is a longtime fan that it is a little different than the original story. She didn’t like it as much.

• I just saw this shirt for the first time the other night and really like it!
          The artwork is beautiful and love how adorable the shirt turned out.
          Thanks for posting these photos, I’m pretty sure I’m sold.

I also wanted to clarify something about the anime since I saw some misinformation.
          The creator of Sailor Moon, Naoko Takeuichi, wasn’t entirely happy with the 90s anime.
          Sailor Moon was originally a manga created by her and the new series, Sailor Moon Crystal, is based off the manga unlike the 90s cartoon.
          The original anime changed the story a lot and the new one is what the anime should have originally been like.

– Aurora <3

5. arinn says:

HOLY CATS, your hair is getting so long! it really looks great!

6. Kelsea Echo says:

Same here! I was beginning to think I was the only one who didn’t watch Sailor Moon… I did have some Sailor Moon stickers, though. :)