Free Pattern at Michaels.com: Rainbow Sherbet Throw Pillow

Screen Shot 2013-07-01 at 3.58.40 PM

If you know me, you know I have a deep relationship with triple scoop ice creams! 😉

In this free crochet pattern for Michaels.com, I was asked to create a summery project using Red Heart Gumdrop! And then the Rainbow Sherbet Throw Pillow was born! Edit, June 4, 2014: Please find the pattern here on my blog. Michaels.com is currently re-vamping their pattern/project section, and the above Michaels.com link is disabled for now.

I already had the mint green Gumdrop (Smoothie) and was thrilled to find a project for it!

The really fun part of this pattern is the mix and match aspect. You can make one scoop, two scoops, or three scoops, (or even 50 scoops if you are really adventurous) and you can use all your favorite colors and flavors… even on the cone! I’m starting to make a vanilla scoop with a hot pink cone :). I’ll also be writing the pattern for a soft-serve top and a sugar cone bottom for the ultimate mix n match ice cream throw pillow party!

P.S. Here is the fix for Row 31 of the Sherbet Scoop!

Row 31: (RS) Ch 1, turn. 1 sc, [1 hdc, 1 dc, 1 htr, 2 tr each in next 5 sts, 1 htr, 1 dc, 1 hdc, 5 sc] 5 times. 1 hdc, 1 dc, 1 htr, 2 tr in next 5 sts, 1 htr, 1 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc each in last 2 sts. Break off Cherry. (124)

This entry was posted in Crochet, Patterns & How-To's and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Free Pattern at Michaels.com: Rainbow Sherbet Throw Pillow

1. Katie says:

A six foot one would be the perfect gift for a preggo lady as a body pillow.

2. Sue says:

These are amazing too. I am thinking they would be fun as a long pillow across the whole bed, like a bolster.

3. Holly says:

I just bought 16 skeins of gumdrop yesterday to make blankets for my 2 girls. Thank you for this pillow! So cute! Will definitely being making a matching cone for them as well!

4. Lane B. says:

OMG, this is a very cute pillow for a little girl…thanks for sharing.

5. Becky says:

So fun! I want to make one in pink ombré! And mint chocolate chip…yummm

6. AnneKo says:

This is perfect ! You’re a genius !!

7. Hannahbelle says:

Seriously adorbs. I am not one for food decor in my home but I might have to make some hot-pink cones with vanilla as a gift for my sister…

8. Oh EM GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I’ve found my soulmate!

9. tracy says:

Btw love love love this pillow. And the gumdrop yarn is amazing I wasnt sure if I was going to use it but when I saw it at michaels I knew I had to. But I am totally stuck on. Row 31 of the scoop. Ch 1, turn. 1sc, [1 hdc, 1 dc, 1 htr, 2 tr in next 5 sts, 1 htr, 1 dc, 1 hdc, 5 sc] 6 times. 1 sc in last st. Break off Cherry. (117) its not adding up to me. I posted on ravelry too but didnt know what you checked more often. Please help I cant wait to finish it

• TwinkieChan says:

10. Tracy says:

Is this available in knitting x

11. Maryann says:

I’m stuck in this row too! So glad I’m not the only one!

• TwinkieChan says:

12. Danielle says:

This is AMAZING.

13. WOW! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! My daughter will go bonkers if I make her one of these. Thanks for the pattern!! great job!

14. Sara says:

I’m working on this but I’ve found that one skein of each of the scoop colors (that the supplies list calls for) aren’t enough. I even started over with the smaller H hook to see if it would be enough but I run out at about row 28 of the second panel of the first scoop color. Am I doing something wrong? I checked to see if I did too many rows at some point but it doesn’t seem like it.
    Does Michaels sell a larger skein of Gumdrop?

• TwinkieChan says:

Hi! IN the document I sent to Michaels, I called for 2 balls of Cherry (the first scoop color). Sometimes they don’t transcribe everything over correctly, and there isn’t much I can do about it. I’m sorry! You’re doing just fine!

15. Selam says:

I want this:) Along with the other bazillion awesome patterns from Twinkie Chan :3

16. Georgia says:

Hi twinkiechan! I’m in the middle of making this and would just like to know something. Do you think I have to line the inside with felt to prevent stuffing from poking out? Thanks!

• TwinkieChan says:

Hi! No, that shouldn’t be necessary. THis is why we use a small stitch, single crochet, to make things that will get stuffed. The smaller stitches make the fabric more dense and with fewer gaps and holes. As long as you are not working too loosely, it should be fine. Some amigurumi patterns suggest you use a smaller hook than usual to make sure your stitches are nice neat and small, but you shouldn’t have to line your stuffed items :).

17. Georgia says:

Should have figured that out on my own…thanks a bunch!

18. Pingback: Neues von der Häkelfront | alyceen.

19. Sarah says:

Hi Twinkie, Michaels.com link for the free pattern no longer works. Do you have it posted anywhere else I could download from? I recently purchased your Ice Cream Scoop Hair clip pattern, my daughter and I love them so much we need more ice cream crochet projects! LOL! Love it all. Sarah,

20. Pingback: 25 Colorful Crochet Patterns |