Free Pattern at Michaels.com: Blue Slushee Drawstring Bag

Screen Shot 2013-07-01 at 3.42.26 PM

Happy Monday! New free crochet pattern! Michaels.com asked me to use one of their new yarns, Loops & Threads Impeccable Brights, with a “Poolside” theme, so I designed this slushee-themed draw string bag to pop your essentials in while you cool off in the water! Yeah, that’s a real straw!Β Edit, June 4, 2014: Please find the patternΒ here on my blog. Michaels.com is currently re-vamping their pattern/project section, and the above Michaels.com link is disabled for now.

To re-inforce the shape of this bag, I re-used a 32 oz. takeout soup container, like this one. I have also seen 32 oz. containers at Target. The bag will still hold its shape pretty well without a container inside as long as you don’t go putting 50 pounds of stuff in there!

Have so much fun with this pattern! I plan to make them in 3 different flavors for Renegade Craft Fair SF next month!

This entry was posted in Crochet, Patterns & How-To's and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Free Pattern at Michaels.com: Blue Slushee Drawstring Bag

1. Another hit pattern from Twinkie Chan!!!

2. Janet Weidner says:

Twinkie- you have out-done yourself this time!!!! My Kayley is a Slushee freak & I know she will want one of these to start off the school year! Just hope I can get it finished in time! THANK YOU!!!!!

3. Sue says:

So cute! You are amazing.

4. Shanese says:

This is beyond amazing! Fantastic job, Twinkie! I’ve definitely added this to my list of things to make, thanks for sharing!

5. Alison says:

That is awesome! Love it πŸ˜€

6. Rita Fava says:

It a very Beautiful Tote

7. CC says:

that is so adorable <33

8. This is totes rock star! Wow!

9. claire says:

Just when I think you couldn’t be any more amazing, you make this!
    So fun and clever!
    I need to win the lottery ASAP so I can visit the Renegade Craft Fair!

10. Yasmine says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! These patterns have definitely been one of the highlights of 2013 for me!

Don’t forget to save some yummy patterns for book #2! πŸ˜‰

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Yas

11. Regina says:

This is so cute!! Thank you so much!! πŸ™‚

12. Jess says:

So amazingly awesome! Couldn’t find the soup container at target though…I may just have to break down and buy from amazon because once my friends see these I know I’ll have to make more! Thinking of making either a cola or cherry color for the slushee part though! Love love love!

• TwinkieChan says:

I have a BUNCH from Amazon and was thinking of selling singles on Etsy as supplies, but they are kinda big, and I think shipping them will make them seem pricier than they should be! Order some take out ! πŸ˜‰

13. Jamison says:

Love, love, love this!

14. I love this! I am envisioning this as a pink soft serve as well, I guess I will have to put this on my list, right after order won ton soup from Chinese take out!

15. Yarn Bender says:

Crochet Pattern of the Year! Thank you for creating and sharing this clever and delightful pattern. I made three so far. (See link above.) I used 32-oz yogurt containers for the lining. They are wider or less tall than soup containers so I decreased the cup by two rounds. Either that or I didn’t check my gage and made the cup too big. OK, I admit that it’s the latter.

16. Penny says:

Thank you for sharing Twinkie! I just foud yourpage and your art, i think u’re a genius! πŸ˜€

17. dawee says:

omgsh this bag is adorable!!! but i clicked on the pattern link thingy and it says “page unfound” πŸ™

but i love your work!! amaz-balls!! <3

18. Betty says:

You ROCK TWINKIE! I’ve had the Slushee bag on my Ravelry favorite for some time, and when I went to print the pattern from Michaels.com today it was gone! Thank-you very much for posting it to your blog. The Slushee Cup bag will be a perfect item for the Knit and Crochet Show give exchange this summer. You really saved the day for me!!