Check out my Push-Pop Pets!

Push Pop promo

I made a series of “Push Pop Pets” for an art show opening tonight at Big Umbrella Studios, 7pm-11pm, at 906 1/2 Divisadero.

I was inspired by the push-pop cakes I’ve been seeing around the internet. I was at Michaels a few weeks ago and saw the push pop containers. I didn’t have plans for them yet at that point, but I grabbed some anyway. Now they are cute homes for my cake-like creatures: Funfetti Mouse, Black Forest Cake Bear, Birthday Cake Kitty, Rainbow Cake Unicorn, Red Velveteen Rabbit, and Strawberry Short Pup. There is a magnet at the bottoms of the plushes and a magnet on the push pop stand so that when you push up your push pop, the plush doesn’t go flying all over the place, but you can still also remove the plush if you wish.

Push pop promo 2Each one took way longer than I’d planned to complete, and I had sort of a debacle with the magnets (I had to order super strong ones online at the very last minute…. I learned a lot about magnets!), but I love how they turned out! If I have time, I’ll make more for Etsy, and I’ll definitely  post whatever is left over after the show ends. I think they would make fun birthday presents, espesh with a real candle on top!

Here’s a weird animated gif I made. It doesn’t have a point or a story. It just … is!

Push-Pop-animation-layers2

This entry was posted in Crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Check out my Push-Pop Pets!

1. Sami says:

Ok, I think these are my favourite thing EVER! They are the cutest things I have ever seen and its nice to see a change in confectionary being used as inspiration :D Never leave a sweet out XD haha

2. You have the most magical blog in the blogosphere!

3. claire says:

You are amazing!
    This is such a great idea!!! And the show sounds good!
    I’m in love with the brown bear

4. Samantha says:

so cute! Love that gif…

5. Tiffany Star says:

Ahhh, so cute I could die. Can’t wait to see them in person tonight!

6. Can you be any more genius? seriously? Cutest EVER! OMG!!!

7. Janet Weidner says:

You never cease to amaze me!!! They WOULD make AWESOME BD gifts!!!
    Decorated cakes for 20+ years–but don’t think I ever did one as CUTE as these little YUMMY guys!! Did you actually write patterns for each one???

8. Sue says:

When I first saw them, I thought you had invented the containers, apparently I think you can do anything. I have never seen these, I’ll have to go check them out and see if I can do anything creative with them. Wish I was there to see the show tonight!

9. Sarah says:

Oh my, these are the cutest and yummiest looking little crochet creatures EVER!!

10. bonita says:

so many kinds of awesome going on in just 1 post! amaazing… they are so cute and collectable , i love these things!

11. AnneKo says:

Awesome idea !
    Rainbow Cake Unicorn, Black Forest Cake Bear and Strawberry Short Pup are insanely cute ! ♥

12. RachelG says:

Omg! I die from their cuteness and once again, I find myself wanting to walk through your rainbow colored brain! Love these too much :)

13. yvonne says:

Everything you do keeps getting cuter and cuter! You are so incredibly talented and creative. Go Twinkie!

14. Kim says:

I am in love!! These are super adorable and your creativity is an inspiration!

15. Yasmine says:

Is there no end to your creativity?!?!? =]

xoxo Yasmine

16. cheryl says:

LOL, how cute!!

I love Strawberry Shortpup soooo much, he’s got sweet little lop ears like my own doggy! You’ve brightened up my grey day with your super-cute creations :0)

They’re all adorable though, bless you.

17. Cynthia says:

ooh! these are so cute and so creative! they remind me of some sweets from my childhood. they were called “push-a-push-pops” an were “reusable lollipops” in that kind of container, supposedly so you can eat it in several seatings. Of course, despite the lid, once you had sucked on it once, the candy attracted all kind of lint and crumbs from your pockets and became quite disgusting, which kind of defeated the purpose of having an infinite lolly on hand at all times… anyway, I really really like these plushies!

18. N says:

Death by cuteness. I love everything you make, but this literally (and pun intended) takes the cake. If you would please make a pattern for this, I would be hugely grateful.

• TwinkieChan says:

Thanks so much! I”ll think on it. I have been slow to sell/post patterns, but am making a point of trying to do it more regularly :)