Check out my artistic genius.

Hat sketches

My friend is starting up a new crafty blog and asked if I would answer some questions. One of the questions involved a sketch of a certain hat from many many years ago. I didn’t think I would be able to find this random sketch, BUT I DID. In an old Photobucket account. You’ll be able to see this infamous sketch on February 19th when my interview goes live.

I think my sketches are funny because they are really bad, but they are actually really helpful to me while writing crochet patterns and planning ideas. When people commission me to make things for them, I say, “Draw me a sketch!” so I can see what they are talking about, but they say, “I can’t draw!” I can’t either!!! I don’t think we all have to be genius artists to get an idea across. Even cave men were able to tell stories through their primitive drawings, so sketch away! No fear!

13 Responses to Check out my artistic genius.

1. Sami says:

Omg the egg hat!! :D

2. Were those done in Microsoft Paint? Incredible! Hahaha! Love it :)

3. msmo says:

did the turkey or the burger ever come into fruition? and yes, omg, the egg.

4. Kath says:

Twinkie, you’re an inspiration! And yes, LOVE the egg hat!!!

5. Katie says:

Gold Stars all around.

6. Mary says:

I recently got a french fry purse for Christmas and I think the burger hat would be the perfect accessory, it might be my final push to finally make the pizza scarf. I need to learn to crochet… I teach myself and then forget and need to teach myself again…

7. Lex says:

Dear god, I need the hamburger hat to match my burger mitts!!!

• TwinkieChan says:

:) I thought about it! But it seems like there are lots of hamburger hats out in the world, and I didn’t know if I wanted to put another out out there!