New Twinkie Chan Patterns available monthly at Michaels.com

I have a fun tidbit of news for you guys!

For all of 2013, I will be writing one (and sometimes two) free crochet pattern for the Yarn and Needle Crafts project section of Michaels.com.

The first two are already up! A Birthday Candle scarf for all new beginnings and celebrations, and a super cute Strawberry Cake binder cozy for any of you back-to-school-ers or binder-lovers (I know you’re out there, binder-lovers, cuz Manda is one of you).

Here are some photos I took of the projects here at home:

Big binder 1small

Big binder 4

Big Binder 5

Bday Candle worn

I’m actually right now in the middle of working on the next two patterns for February!

This entry was posted in Crochet, News, Patterns & How-To's and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

46 Responses to New Twinkie Chan Patterns available monthly at Michaels.com

1. Alice says:

I’m going to make the candle scarf for myself!!! My birthday is January 6th, thank you!!!

2. Jennifer Uribe says:

This is so amazing! Congratulations!

3. Jenee Nicole says:

This is fabulous news. I am excited to see what comes!

4. Tracey Hussey says:

Definitely making the binder as I’m back working in school next week. The children will love it. thank you.

5. Crystal says:

all I’m going to scream is “ahhhhhh” followed by a smile. Adding these to a binder with your other patterns, I bought your ebook soooo I have to write em out and save em,no printer :-/

6. Aww, they are both so cute~ And I can’t wait to see what projects you have for the rest of the year :3

7. Kailey says:

SO exciting eep! Love these!

8. claire says:

Just when I thought Michaels could get anymore amazing! :)
    Congrats!
    And I LOVE the binder cozy!!

9. Cantaloopy says:

Hi Twinkie!

Thank you sooooo much for your awesome and hilariously creative ideas!
    And THANK YOU for sharing free patterns, that’s so awesome! :)
    I wish you a happy, healthy and successful year 2013!

xoxo – Cantaloopy

10. Yasmine says:

Wow! This is the best ever! Thank you so much!!

xoxo

YASMINE

• Yasmine says:

Actually, couldn’t you compile these upcoming free patterns into a new ‘Second Helpings’ book ??
      That would be really great! I know I would buy it even if the patterns were available free elsewhere. It would all be better compiled into one book in colour with all those cool diagrams and cute illustrations. Oh and those background stories for each pattern; amazing! :)

Thanks again!

xoxoxo Yasmine

• TwinkieChan says:

I suppose I could pull some of them as I still retain the rights to all the patterns…. I guess I just wasn’t sure if people would want to pay for something they could get for free!

11. Megalina Cupcake says:

I love the candle scarf! I wish I knew how to crochet… :)

12. Rebecca says:

I love the candle scarf and binder cover! Cute ideas! So happy you are working w/ Michaels! Happier to have more of your AWESOME patterns available!!

13. Emmie says:

I love your patterns! I did your cookie scarf for a girl i babysat and she was always carrying it around. You are nothing short of AMAZING!!!!!

14. Kim says:

Awesome, I love your patterns so an entire year of FREE patterns is the best New Year’s present ever!

15. Jen LaMastra says:

These are fantastic. I’m glad that you’re offering more crochet patterns. Your designs are so delightful and fun to make. I made a bunch of christmas gifts from your foodie scarf book. Excited to follow your new designs! Thanks for sharing. Your work and joy are inspiring!

16. SHUT UP!!!! YAY YAY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

17. CC says:

That binder cover is so adorable <33

18. Cami says:

Woohoo! It’s like a whole new Twinkie Chan collection! What great exposure for you as well!! Congratulations!! :) Maybe we’ll see you on a tear-off sheet in the store! :)

19. Jenny Quest says:

Oh, wow! That’s great, Twinks! Congratulations! Like the above poster said, what a great way to gain exposure to TONS of crafters! So stoked for you!

The first two patterns are adorable :)

20. Alycia says:

wow what exciting news! and to be contributing to michael’s is an amazing accomplishment! your designs are adorable :)

21. Emily G says:

Congratulations!!! Both are super cute! Can’t wait to see what the year brings!

22. Anika says:

How fun – congrats! Absolutely love the first two. :)

23. Crystal says:

I am so in love with this news!!! Your book is my favorite crochet book. You should release another…I’d buy one for myself and a few as gifts. You are so creative and totally awesome!

24. Mary says:

Those patterns are so cute! Can’t wait to see what other awesome patterns you come up with!

25. Tracy says:

So Twinkie, the candle scarf looks like a big tube? Right? Would you be able to stuff it? Id like to make a giant stuffed candle :)

26. vicki says:

went all over to get your book , i am making my grandson the bacon / egg scarf these are too fun , i kinda agree with above about new book then your patterns would stay unique

27. Joyce says:

Love your work.

28. Patricia Engle says:

the cutest work I have seen

29. LOL ok So my husband thought that since I taken an interest in crocheting it would help relax my nerves which is does, My son has autism and I need something to take my mind of worries and etc. anyways he bought me a book Twinkie Chan’s Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies, Anyways It’s a cute crochet pattern book. and I’m trying to make a stupid cupcake hat but I dont understand this:
    Directions:
    Unravel about 16 inches (I DID THAT) of yarn to sew later, do not break off. With I hook ch 26

Row 1 :SK first 2 chs (2hdc) hdc in next 21 hdc2tog (24 sts)

HUH????? I dont speak the lingo. I just got into crocheting maybe 2 months ago and I made some pretty fantastic pieces, If anyone is willing to help i will share the wealth and give someone a pattern from the book I will write myself or scan whatever you want.

• TwinkieChan says:

IT means, skip the first 2 chains, then work 2 hdc into the next st, then work 1 hdc in the next 21 sts, and in the last 2 sts, you will decrease, which is working hdc2tog. If you don’t know how to work an hdc2tog, you should definitely google it, as there will be lots of easy instructions.

If you have other questions, please feel free to join my group on Ravelry.com, which I set up so that everyone can help each other. There is also a topic at the top with all the corrections to the book.

Here’s the link. You need to join Ravelry first to see the group.

Thanks!

Also, I hope you didn’t mean you were going to type out patterns or scan them from my book to give to people. While very generous, that is also kind against copyright laws if you do so without permission.

30. M says:

giving out patterns from a book, that’s illegal, and pretty disrespectful to the artist. You can google any of those crochet terms and directions, though I find it REALLY hard to believe anyone can make any “fantastic” items wen one cannot undertake basic crochet instructions. Good luck on that and researching basic crochet terms is easy and helpful in succeeding!

31. Becky C says:

I never leave comments, but I wanted to tell you that I am extremely happy that I have found your blog! By far-my favorite!! I love crocheting and am excited to try things other than afghans! ;)
    I live many states away from my fam and I’m thinking of sewing these together, like your snowflake ones, to make a scarf! Obviously I’ll make the snowflakes for Christmas next year…but Valentines day is closer! Thank you so much, you truly are an inspiration!!

• TwinkieChan says:

Hello! Thank you so much for your super kind and thoughtful comment :). I really appreciate it! I’m pitching my new book this year, so fingers crossed! :)

32. I always spent my half an hour to read this webpage’s articles every day along with a mug of
    coffee.

33. Is there a way to get the Strawberry Cake Binder Cover pattern now? I have never seen that one before and Michael’s no longer has on it on their website. :(

34. Shanequa says:

I was looking on Michaels.com and couldn`t find the Strawberry cake binder cozy i just wanted to get it because when i get the supplies i plan to learn how to both crochet and knit /Call it wishful thinking ^^`/ -and hone in on meh origami skills- and when i get good i want to make the strawberry cake binder cozy /since i luv binders there just so useful if only i could keep mine organized ^~^………………..

35. Shanequa says:

Yayyyyy!!! Thanks for letting me know now i can make it during the Christmas break ^_^