What are the oat-y parts of Lucky Charms?

Cat food. Runes. I tried to google what shapes these are supposed to be, with not much success. Hairy said it was a cross, a church bell, and a Jesus fish, but I think what he thinks is a church bell just looks like a a mutated tree.

What ARE the oat cereal shapes in Lucky Charms?

28 Responses to What are the oat-y parts of Lucky Charms?

1. Mary says:

hahaha I never quite looked at them as I was hoping they would pull a Cap ‘n Crunch and do a box of ‘Oops all Marshmallows’ as a kid 😛 I still long for a vegan version of Lucky Charms or Count Chocula 🙂

I will go with cat food 😛

2. nel says:

i think it’s a christmas tree, X marks the spot, fish, and a bell.

3. kimmi says:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pGHAz8Vzgw skip to 1:25 and it will explain everything you need to know about lucky charms!

4. tetcutiepie says:

I’m gonna say it looks like:

Tree
    X
    Fish
    Bell

Or the tree could be a ‘not so great shaped’ spade…

No idea why, haha! If Lucky Charm’s purpose is to try and spread Christianity or somethin’, it didn’t work! :p

5. RachelG says:

Christmas tree
    addition sign
    fish
    more cowbell

6. Dana says:

I wanted to answer your question about the tree. If it really is all Christian symbols as people say, and I’m not saying it isn’t, but I once heard a story about how the Christmas Tree is supposed to symbolize where Christ’s cross came from. The wood from his cross came from the tree, and we use it to celebrate Christmas to remind us why he came to earth, and it was to die for our sins.

Now, this is just my point of view. You can come up with your own explanations.

• Paula says:

The evergreen tree is a pagan symbol of life in winter. It was used during the winter solstice. It was worshiped as a sign of eternal life and the promise of spring. Nuttin’ to do with your fictional book.

7. Katie says:

I think they’re the runes to unlock Cthulhu.

8. Kt says:

I just sent General Mills a question about it, I wonder what I’ll get for an answer?!

Some of the crosses look like clovers. I just dumped out the box on my kitchen table. But I do see a spade, Jesus fish and what looks like a bell or a tree, but also looks like the free mason symbol. WTF.

9. Looks like a tree to me 🙂

10. caz says:

It costs me £7 to buy a box of Lucky Charms as I have to have them imported< or buy them from a special shop haha! Im a saddo!

11. Miss Tayva says:

They look like Kit N’ Caboodle dry cat food..

12. dumbdrop says:

what if you turn the tree sideways so its a different fish??? ^_^

13. Kt says:

Okay, General Mills wrote back to me:

“Hello Ms. Long:
    Thank you for contacting General Mills with your inquiry. In answer to your question regarding the Lucky Charm cereal, the cereal pieces are shapes of X’s and O’s. We hope you find this information helpful. Please let us know if we can help you again.
    Paula A. Vaughn
    Customer Care Specialist”

I don’t believvvvve it. There are some shapes in there that are not O’s nor X’s!!

HAHAHAHA. You are awesome. And they are totally liars!!! AHHHHHH not helpful!!!!! I think they want to hide the religious undertones…. 😛

• Kt says:

I think so, too! Or they are too lazy to look up the ancient recipe or something. When I dumped it out on the table I noticed some of the x shapes were more rounded and looked like clovers. Maybe they are just mock shapes of the marshmallows themselves? Either way, it’s a mystery even General Mills can’t solve! Thanks for bringing it up, it really made me curious!

14. Lee says:

You have to think Irish fairy tales: leprechauns, pots of gold etc.

15. alyssa says:

My Prek sorted/graphed the marshmallow shapes. Some of the kids wanted to sort these too. I asked well where do you think they fit? They fit them into the clovers and balloons and a few horseshoes. Good problems solving for 4 yr olds because I really have no clue what shapes they are suppose to be.

16. Jessica says:

Says, Lucky Charms cereal debuted in 1963 with oat pieces in shapes of bells, fish, arrowheads, clovers and X’s

I know really late response,but just if you never understood it yet here it is

17. lucky says:

it is an arrowhead. Not a tree.
    And a “x”
    and a fish ana a bell.

18. Jaleesa Jackson says:

It looks like cat food to me. I eat them first and then i eat the marshmallows