I’m straight GRILLIN’.

Sooooo, amongst a bunch of crazy biz-related Yummy You schtuff, I’m prepping, planning, and crafting for Renegade Austin (May 21-22). I’m really spazzed out cuz I’ve never traveled for a craft show before. Am I gonna ship boxes of stuff somewhere? Am I gonna fit it all in a few suitcases? Will my display be super ugly because I had to fit in in aforementioned two suitcases? I just don’t know!

I figure a good strategy for planning is….. AVOIDING by crafting.

I have been thinking of summer bbq’s and grilled meats. Texas likes its meat? Right? RIGHT!!!

Hence, I resurrected the T-Bone Steak Scarf project.

Back in 2009, I threw an eBay auction (I like to think of throwing auctions, like throwing parties!) for t-bone-steak themed stuff like a scarf, mittens, and cute-tility pack.

I wanted to take the “gross” factor out of raw meat and tried to make the steaks look cute and cartoony, not necessarily realistic.

For my newer version, I really wanted diagonal grill marks!! And I wanted to put more detail in the shape of the actual t-bone, notably at the top. I really like how it turned out!

I’m not sure yet which style I prefer…raw or grilled!

Also I kinda miss my short crazy hair!

39 Responses to I’m straight GRILLIN’.

1. dollbabytina says:

ahhhh! i won those meat-ens and i still love them and wear them during our crappy chicago winters! a brown pair with the grill marks would be so great! love the new design. how about a scarf/meat-en set?

2. pinklamb says:

I LOVE STEAK!!! I just love how both scarves turned out — love love love!!

3. Anya says:

Way too neat! I’m cracking down on crafting and selling so I have money for renegade Austin :) hopefully I’ll see you there!

4. Maggi says:

Oooooo, that is awesome! I love the updated version!

5. heyjenrenee says:

raw or well-done, these are gonna be HOT in texas. for sure.

6. Summer says:

I love the new updated shape and bone! I would totally rock that in the raw meat version :) you are amazingly talented as always!

7. Danielle says:

Ooo I like the grilled! I can smell it -_- *sniff*

8. heyjenrenee says:

oh, and I meant HOT like everyone will want one. paris hilton hot. not heat hot. (nevermind!) :)

9. Jenny Whoo says:

You should totally bring back the steak purse. Because it was one of my absolute favorite things you’ve made- EVER. DO IT…. :D

10. Emily says:

The grilled steak looks seriously great!
    Made me a little bit hungry :P

11. Sylvette Marie says:

Uuuu that stake pack I will love it on a Cupcake pack :)

12. candice says:

It’s soooo meaty! love it!

Thanks for sending the twitter traffic my way. My little blog is smiling :D
    xo

13. sewoeno says:

i love the new and old! but don’t hate me, i can’t stop thinking fallopian tubes.

When I made the first steak purse, which is a bit different than the scraves, it kept looking like a pair of red jeans with a white zipper down the middles and little white pocket edges flying out the side!

14. natazia says:

hey!!

i live in san antonio tx kinda by austin. n heck yes we love us some steak!!! they both look awesome. and for the craft fair do you know all the details like how much is it to get in and all that?

15. Taleena says:

I love the little meat pack! It’s so cute!

I’ve been wanting to make myself a little bag like that with a loop on the belt, but I haven’t decided what I want it to look like yet though.

You’re always so creative!

I love the new version. The grill marks are awesome.

16. Jacci says:

the new grilled version is my fave!

17. caz says:

ah they are both soo cute! I think the red one is more cartoony but I like how the other one looks sizzled :-D *thumbs up* to both :-)

18. tetcutiepie says:

I definitely like the bone’s transition when you compare the two! Much more defined and cleaner lined :) Ah and especially those grill marks!

Hmmmm altho I like the ‘well-done’ look of the newer steak, I think I prefer the raw steak color…? It does look more cartoony which has it’s appeal. That, with the newer t-bone version, would look good :) If it was me, I’d do the ‘evolutioned’ version of the steak in both raw and grilled and see what people had to say about each at the craft show! :P

19. Amie says:

That’s soooooo cool!! You should make a heap of raw steaks, sew them onto a t-shirt and go trick or treating as lady gaga! But, of course, your version wouldn’t be cruel and tasteless like gaga’s…

P.s. You are amazing and talented and awesome!!! Keep up the great work! :D
    Amie

20. “I’m not sure yet which style I prefer…raw or grilled!”

LMFAO WHY does that sound SO dirty?

21. Tiffany says:

t-bone scarf!! you are too awesome. 3 cheers for twinkie chaaaaan~~ (>..<) !!

22. Jonesy says:

That hip pouch is just aces. One of the cutest things ever.

DARN YOU for making crochet so cute and I can’t even do it! BOOOO! No, but I love your stuff, it’s so cute, I’m just super jealous that I can’t crochet! I still think you are super rad. xo

23. Chelle says:

*squeals like a little girl*
    Can’t wait can’t wait can’t wait to see all you’ll have @ the craft fair!!!!!

24. claire powell says:

woweee!! loving the new grilled steaks!! they look very nommy and well done just how i like em :)

25. Sarah Spear says:

I remember that little pack! I lost. :/

26. Reb says:

being a vegan myself, my husband would get a kick out of this scarf! great work as usuall Twinkie! love it!

27. Heather says:

I <3 the raw! They both look sooo real. My son is always stomping and roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur, he only needs a crocheted steak to complete the effect!!!

28. lilz says:

I like to grill with a skillet. it has the best taste!