Project Explosion!

My craft room today is an explosion of yarn and supplies and partially finished projects for Bust Craftacular. I can’t believe it’s coming up so quickly! I’m kinda freaking out because not only do I have to make sure to complete enough stock for the table and get everything tagged and labeled, but I also need to figure out again how to travel with my set-up and fit it into suitcases. The biggest challenge is a portable rack to display scarves. When we traveled for Austin Renegade, I was lucky to have my crochet elf Rita in town, and she picked up a laundry rack for me! We were thinking of maybe just running to a Target while in NYC and buying something to build and then just leave there. We’ll see! Hopefully more of that planning will happen later this week! I’d like my display to all be cohesive and cute and make sense, but the traveling/suitcase bit is something I have yet to figure out.

This entry was posted in Crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Replies to “Project Explosion!”

1. Nina Bishop says:

OMG…I can relate!

2. Kimmi says:

Get a little umbrella and make it look like a hot doggie cart!!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

My regular set-up does look like a food cart, but I can’t travel with it ;). Mostly I think I need to build something that folds up super small to hang my goodies off of!

1. I love it Twinkie ! You have a dream work shop!

πŸ™‚

3. Joanne says:

What a beautiful explosion!

4. Alice says:

Its cluttered but beautiful at the same time!! I’m very envious of your amazing wall if yarn!! I bought myself a collapsible clothes rack at my zellers it’s about 2 feet by 2and a half they do exist!! Good work :3

1. HMMM I need to see if I can get a hold of one of those!

5. Oh my gosh!!! Your candy colored cubbies are killing me!!! So so so so so FUNNNN!!!

And oh my gosh!!! You’ll be in NYC! I so so have to come meet you finally! πŸ™‚

xo Jenny Holiday

1. Twinkie Chan says:

:DDDDDDDD Yes plz!!!! Let’s eat cupcakes!! Or come visit the craft show!! πŸ™‚

6. Wow! Look at how colorful and bright your craft room is! That would inspire me and make me super productive for sure….think I need to go paint my white walls now! πŸ™‚

1. I was definitely inspired by other crafters’ work spaces and was so excited to move into a place with an extra room!

7. Natalie says:

WOW Twinkie! I need to show this to my mother in law who knits!!!

Do you have a blog button that I can post on my blog? I’d like to sponsor you.

8. Natalie says:

Nevermind! I created one πŸ™‚ if you go to my blog, look at my side bar!

1. Aw you are so sweet! And you made a really cute button!!! xo

9. Lauren K. says:

twinkie I have to ask, where on earth did you find those white shelves (the smaller compartment ones more to the right of the picture) I have been searching for shelving like that forever it seems! love your craft room! I have never seen so much yarn!!!

1. Hi! They are CD shelves from IKEA. They look pretty good, but the shelves themselves are kind of unstable and sometimes I have a yarn-alanche! πŸ˜›

10. MaDonna says:

i want to be there

1. Open invitation 24/7 just for you!

11. Katie says:

The only thing I can think of for a portable display rack would be to use PVC pipe and their connectors to drape items on them. We use them here at the local comic book conventions for hanging our banners and they fold up very easily once taken a part. The only downside would be that the TSA would think you had a bomb in your bag with all of the pvc pipe.

Wish I could be there but soo far away in the po’dunk south.

12. You could always ship it to the hotel you’re planning on staying at a few days in advance. That way you know your rack will be cohesive with the rest of your display and you won’t be leaving it to chance.

Most hotels will have a locked room for shipments for guests that have yet to check-in. I suggest calling ahead of time and giving them a head’s up.

13. Mary says:

Can I have your craft room?(Yarn included. XD) lol I wish you luck on figuring out your conundrum.

14. suki says:

totally in love your craft room full of yarn! πŸ˜€

15. Nicole says:

Good thing i live in NYC!

16. Gwen e says:

Love your room sooooo colorful. I have an extra room but it is my visiting grandsons (3) retreat from their parents LOL….. One day. This is the first time I have seen
    your page. Nice and refreshing.
    gwen

17. Melinda says:

cool room, I have only 3 bins full of yarn

18. Laurel says:

Hi Twinkie,
    Instead of trying to pack your merchandise into suitcases why don’t you ship all or most of it ahead? You could make arrangements with your hotel to hold it for your arrival. People who do seminars do this with the boxes of their materials and handouts all the time. Just something to consider.

1. TwinkieChan says:

THanks! I definitely considered this, but I also wasn’t staying at a hotel. I know someeone who FedEx’d herself packages and had them held at a FedEx for pick up, but I didn’t want to add a pick-up ad FedEx to my to-do list. Keeping it in the suitcases ended up working well, actually!

19. Cecelia Anderson says:

Request to be on your mailing list.

1. TwinkieChan says:

if you go to scroll to the bottom of any page on my site, there’s a place to “sign up for my mailing list.” πŸ™‚ http://twinkiechan.com/