WIWT: My funny bunny shoes!

I bought these shoes in Hong Kong. I think they were in this mall on the Kowloon side called “Trendy Place,” but I can’t remember for sure. They were a bit small, but the lady tried to stretch them for me while we shopped. They were on sale for like $30 USD.

I can’t say that I love the outfit I wore them with…but I am still figuring out how to make them work in my wardrobe hehehehe. I feel really comfortable in platform shoes that have an angle, but I feel like platforms that are just one big sponge of equal height make me feel like I’m waddling when I walk. I can’t really explain it, but it’s one of the reasons I avoided flats for a very long time. I spent most of the early 2000’s about 3-4 inches taller than my normal self every day.

Sorry for the lack of blogging! I have been living in a bit of a boring black hole lately, just trying to wrap up projects on my to-do list, plan for Valentine’s Day items, and avoid taxes and accounting (can’t do that for much longer, though). I also spent a few days working on a super cute but super TOP SECRET project for a friend. I can’t wait to show you pics of that. Oh you are gonna love it. But it can’t be revealed yet for a few weeks!

14 Replies to “WIWT: My funny bunny shoes!”

1. cupcake says:

Oh my gosh, totally in love with those shoes! I’ve never worn platforms before, they look uncomfortable, but maybe I’ll have to dash that fear.

P.S. boo taxes! :[

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I think it really depends on the platform! Some of them make you feel really wobbly and unstable, but some are perfectly comfortable!

2. Cate says:

I love those shoes, I haven’t worn platforms since my Spice Girl days. I was thinking of getting a pair but I don’t really wear completely flat shoes most of my shoes, even my comfy shoes, have an angle so it might take some practice to walk in them LOL xoxo

1. Twinkie Chan says:

It’s always nice when the toe area has some kind of roll or angle, so you’re not clomping around like Frankenstein!

3. Ellyssa says:

oooh top secret project!! Can’t wait to see it, those shoes are adorable and so r u! 😀

4. omg the shoes!!!! drool!!! pink!!!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I have this feeling I will never wear them!

5. Jenny Quest says:

Definitely looking forward to all that’s coming in the New Year!! You’ve made such an empire for yourself, and I just cannot believe how much you’ve grown in even just the last year!! You continue to be quite the inspiration! ♥

1. Twinkie Chan says:

Aw, thanks, Jenny! It’s actually been a hard year, and frustrating, business-wise. Hope this one is better!

6. Amy says:

Can’t seem to see the photo 🙁 But they sound epic cute!!!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

Hmmm that’s weird!! Maybe Flickr was being weird for the moment you tried to see the photo!

7. Those are seriously the cutest shoes I’ve ever seen. I wish I could hop a plane to Hong Kong and get a pair for my little sis. She would pretty much die.

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I keep thinking about selling them. Not sure I’ll actually wear them enough to justify keeping them, but I’ll give it a few months!