That one time at SPACE CAMP!

Holy Flashback!

Yes, when Manda and I were little, we went to SPACE CAMP together!!! I have a lot of funny memories from this trip, but I don’t want to bore everyone with details and no pictures, like, why we didn’t shower for a week, and the first time Manda curled her bangs by herself, how we got in trouble on the airplane, how our parents told us we had to stick together for safety, even in public bathrooms, in the same stall, EVEN IF IT WAS NUMBER TWO. So what I did instead was dissect the video that Space Camp sent to our parents. It’s chopped up a bit to make it short and edit out the other kids, but I think you get a good idea of what we did and what Manda and I were like back then!

21 Replies to “That one time at SPACE CAMP!”

1. Logan evans says:

Just out of curiosity is you birth name Twinkie or did you change it? By the way awesome video! πŸ˜€

1. Twinkie Chan says:

Hi Logan!
      Aw isn’t it more fun and mysterious if you don’t know? πŸ˜›

2. chinamommy says:

that is hilarious!! my 8 yr old acts the same way you did on the video-very serious and so pre-teen…her excuse? she always says “Mom, you know it’s how us Chinese people are!”. she hasn’t been in China since she was 11 months, but that’s her story!
    i love how you and Manda have been friends forever!!!!

1. Twinkie Chan says:

Yeah I don’t think I went through any super angsty puberty stuff, but I guess my favorite emotion was stoicism!! πŸ˜›

3. Jenny Quest says:

Your “6th” grade self seems riveted about participating in such a prestigious camp πŸ˜‰

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I wish I’d kept a journal back then! I can’t really remember what I really thought of it at the time.

4. Maggi says:

Holy crap, that was the best video ever!

5. Ellyssa says:

I love funny stories, trust me you won’t bore with details!! Why didn’t u shower for a week, how did it go when Manda curled her bangs?? How did sticking together go?? πŸ˜€ come on, I like stories.

6. Miana says:

I give a thousand thumbs up to the video lol . You look different without glasses . I can’t stop watching the video.

1. I was 12, so my face has changed a lot since then!

7. rae says:

i always wanted to go to space camp but it was tooooo expensive. i’m so glad you posted this! it made me nostalgic.

1. rae says:

oh, and i didn’t shower the whole week when i went to camp for the first time. why do preteens hate showers so much?

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I love a shower, a daily shower! But the shower on our floor of the dorm was a group/shared one, and that’s definitely something I was not interested in.

There were private showers on another floor, but as you can imagine, it was always really packed and nobody wanted to wait an hour to take a shower!

1. Ellyssa says:

You shoulda beat em to the private showers twinkie!! I’m not a big fan of public showers either, did you ever see anybody take a show together?

1. Ellyssa says:

I mean shower, I can imagine nobody did it. πŸ˜€

8. Emily says:

Hahaha! Love the commentary on putting on the space suit! I’d be grossed out, too. The background music is pretty rad. bwahaha!

9. Nicole says:

What country are you from…?
    I’m not reall good with telling asians apart but, I noticed that chinese people have really tiny eyes, korean people have really big eyes, and japanese people are kind of in between….
    I’m going to guess and say your japanese, am I right??

1. Twinkie Chan says:

I can’t really tell. I don’t think there’s one way to tell. I’m Chinese!

10. Momoko says:

Awww I am jealous about this! it looks so much fun!!!
    ps you were adorable!