Hey, U.K.! Twinkie Chan in Girl Talk Magazine!

Screen shot 2013-01-25 at 10.55.30 AM

Sorry I totally forgot to tell you guys about this! I got the PDF emailed to me while I was in L.A.!

There’s a little bit about me and what I do in the current issue of Girl Talk magazine in the U.K. Their website is 100% adorable, and I can’t wait to get my hard copy in the mail!

Back in the day, I was quoted in INKED Magazine saying I didn’t consider myself an artist. That sounds kinda self-deprecating, but I guess I was creating a hard line between my idea of “crafting” and my idea of “art.” I still don’t really know where I believe I stand in those areas, but the top corner of the magazine page where it says “Real Artist” kinda puts a smile on my face, and I’m happy to inspire girls – young and old – to get creative and pursue their wacky dreams. After working almost 10 years in book publishing, I was really surprised when  Angel introduced me to someone a few years ago and called me an artist. That was a first! I think the funny thing, too, is that her day job at the time was something tech or computer related, but I’ve always thought of her as an amazing photographer first. And now she takes fancy snaps of musicians and is rep’d and everything. It’s fun to see us all grow.

This entry was posted in News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Hey, U.K.! Twinkie Chan in Girl Talk Magazine!

1. claire says:

You totally are an artist! :)

2. Mandie says:

Whoa this magazine looks adorable! Congrats on the feature!

3. Sami says:

I hope you inspire some girls here into awesome creativity! :)

4. Yasmine says:

Wow, I used to buy this every week when I was about 12!!!!! Guess I’m gonna have to buy it again!!! Hehe!

xoxoxo

Yasmine

p.s. Thanks for doing more stuff that is available to us in the UK; it is much appreciated!! =]

5. Cate says:

OMG I used to read Girl Talk when I was a kid in fact I remember when it first came out… I hope that doesn’t make me old XD

It’s such a cute feature and you are most definitely an artist! xoxo

6. Lee says:

I clicked on the “Girl Talk” link and ended up on your Etsy webpage!!

7. Cara says:

That is super cool! Your ARE an artist, and a very talented one at that!

8. Charity says:

Congratulations. Very very cool! I remember following you years ago on livejournal and look at you now ;)

9. June142013 says:

Love the Alice in Wonderland scarf! I have been trying to find a pic that shows more of it. Not easy lol. What all is on the scarf?

10. well of course you’re an artist. And your art changes lives – every time I walk by or wear something you’ve made I smile and/or giggle – totally makes my day and I know every other customer/fan you have feels the same way! Great lil feature and where did that Alice in Wonderland scarf come from – I don’t remember seeing it before – I love it!

11. Maddy says: