My hand-painted tote bag, off to Vegas!

It’s done! I’ve been wanting to get some fabric printed to make custom tote bags, but I never have time to finish the graphics. Since I wanted to bring something fun with me to the POOLTRADESHOW to promote Yummy You this coming week, I just bought a plain bag at Michael’s and some fabric paint and went to town! I’m really happy with how it turned out, considering it’s all free-handed. Painting was very relaxing! I had to mix my own blue, so I’m kinda bummed you can see some inconsistencies in color, but….for having worked on this while packing up the loft to move next Sunday….I’m pretty proud! I still want to install a zipper in it. Ideally a pocket, too, but who am I kidding?! We still need to pack and move more stuff to the new house tonight, and I still have to pack my suitcase! When does a gal get to paint her nails?! 😛

If any buyers read my blog and are going to the tradeshow to shop, my booth is #911. Easy to remember! :)

I’m not sure how much I’ll have a chance to blog while I’m away. I get REAAAAALLLY tired at stuff like this. I’m used to being home alone all day with the dogs, so being super social is really taxing! 😛 I might Twitter some pics here and there. We’ll see!!!

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to My hand-painted tote bag, off to Vegas!

1. I see no inconsistency’s. Relaaaaaaaaaaaax and then go pack darlin’

2. shelley says:

i was so excited to see how your tote came out, seeing as i’ve never seen anything you’ve painted. i knew it was going to look amazing!! you’re beyond talented and inspire me soso much. :]

3. Willow_wantz says:

Wow, you did a great job on the tote…really, really good. Socializing wears me out too btw…ugg.

4. Nhi says:

I absolutely love it! :3 Too bad I’m in Phoenix, would totally bum around your booth. :c

5. zambicandy says:

Oh that bag is so cute! I really love flat colored paintings :) Everything is drawn so cute and bubbly. The text looks so good too :O

6. wow! that tote looks ahh-mazing! 😀 good grief, i couldn’t even do that well with stencils! LOL

7. Emily says:

Awesome tote!!! The blue turned out so purdy!

8. That tote is super cute! I love it. :)

9. Jules Chan says:

That looks bloody good, I’m very impressed that youve got so much done while your packing up house, PHEW!! Your making me tired just reading about you doing it.

10. Kayleigh says:

Your Yummy You badges are perfect, that would make an awesome logo for your brand!

11. Cate says:

That’s pure awesome, is there any end to your talents?

Good luck at the trade show xoxo

12. San Smith says:

I can’t believe you hand painted that – it looks awesome!! They would be awesome to sell your stuff in 😀 And I can relate to the whole getting tired at social things… it took me a while to get back into the swing of being social after I started working from home. Hope the event goes well!!

13. Sylvette Marie says:

love the bag….

14. chinamommy says:

It really did come out amazing!! Have a great time- wish I was closer, I’d bring your mini-twin out to see you :)
    ~cm

15. MNStitch says:

I love that painted bag! I’ve been feeling inspired about the idea of fabric painting, lately, so it’s nice to see how fabulously it can turn out. Thanks for the pics, and I hope your trip to Vegas was amazing.
    MNStitch.com