Two weeks after I vend at Renegade Craft Fair this weekend, I will be selling Yummy You! merch at the first KawaiiLand San Francisco! There’s going to be live music, a fashion show, and tons of cute vendors! You can see some video from KawaiiLand LA on the website. Let’s make the SF event even more cute, colorful, and fun! I’m putting together and will be bringing some brand spankin’ new stuff, including the debut of a brand new member/character in the Yummy You Crew, plus all of our cute scarves! (I’ll reveal more details about the new member as the new merch rolls in…)
I know I have personally kvetched about how we don’t have as many kawaii/J-fashion events here in SF as compared to LA, so here is our chance to make it happen!! It’s also 4 days before my birthday, so you can come and wish me a happy one! You can purchase your $15 ticket now, from me, at this link right here! If you or your friends buy the ticket through my unique link, your ticket sale will go toward the cost of my table, so you would not only be supporting kawaii culture in our city, but also really directly supporting me, which I would so appreciate! I’ll see you there! (21+!)
10:08 AM in Yummy You News
Do you ever just wake up and think, “I really want to wear yellow tights today!?” I DO. I DID.
To be honest, I don’t put a lot of thought into what I’m wearing most days. If it’s front of me, I’m gonna put it on, and that’s what happened with this Rocko’s Modern Life muscle shirt! Manda and I were at Target looking at bathing suits last week, and I spotted a rack with some muscle shirts on it. I am a big fan of the muscle shirt because they are comfy and there is a lot of ventilation for my arm pits (sorry, it’s true, I need ventilation there). I picked up this one as well as an Empire Strikes Back one. Comfy comfy comfy!!
We also ended up seeing New Order that night, and at the last minute, I threw on a hot-pink Members Only jacket. I definitely felt like a walking highlighter marker!! Oh well!!
08:45 PM in What I Wore Today
Bay Area friends!!! Please come visit Renegade SF next weekend (not this weekend) at Fort Mason from 11am – 6pm on Saturday and Sunday! I’ll be there with my Carnival Food booth and some new never-seen-before goodies!
If you visited last year, I’ll be in kinda the same place I was last Spring…..in the back, in booth #45, so keep on walking!!
Hope to see you there!
09:35 AM in Blog
1. You Shall Be Queen Dress – Lady Petrova - This boutique is pretty amazing and fits the bill for any flowery pastel space babe (that’s you, too, amirite?). If you have never visited Lady Petrova, and you like clothes that are kinda out-there and different, it’s pretty much a can’t-miss. This dress, while not super pastel, comes with a CAPE, so it WINS. And it’s reversible!
2. Open Your Heart Satchel – Betsey Johnson - Still a sucker for Betsey bags, but I realize I must stop buying bags unless I truly deeply and 100%-ly cannot live with out a particular one. Right now I’m using a cheap polka dot tote bag from Target, and it works just fine! Also it’s filled with hay from when we ate lunch on a hay bale and Manda dumped her purse inside of mine, spreading hay everywhere.
3. Lazy Oaf x Garfield socks - DollsKill - I have been eyeing these socks since the Lazy Oaf x Garfield collab came out, and somehow I have managed to stop myself from buying them. Maybe I should put them on my bday wish list!
4. Unif Astra Duster - Unif Clothing - I KNOW. GO HOME AND MAKE IT. GO HOME AND MAKE IT. Who has the time to go home and make it…..?
5. Flower Fanatic Sneaker – ModCloth - Irregular Choice always does it right!!! I want to buy some cheap sneakers and cover one in fake flowers and the other in big fake rainbow gems.
6. Sloth Princess Brooch – Modern Girl Blitz - I have no real reasons for this one, except, I just think it’s so darn cute!
06:52 PM in Blog
Tagged fun stuff round up
I put together another little video to promote the Pocky Doll giveaway! You still have until Thursday to enter to win! Just “like” the photo of the dolls on the Pocky/GlicoUSA Facebook page! (You need to be logged into Facebook first!)
I always have dreams of frolicking around with crocheted pals, and the Pocky Dolls made the perfect day-dream buddies!!!
Here are some of my favorite shots:
At first, I was going to crochet my own bows for my human-sized outfit, but then I figured it might save time if I just photoshopped the dolls’ clothing onto myself. That still took a long time anyway, but it was fun to make myself feel like a paper doll!
If you end up winning the dolls, I hope you document your adventures, too!
08:16 PM in Blog, Crochet, Videos