Bay Area friends!!! Please come visit Renegade SF next weekend (not this weekend) at Fort Mason from 11am – 6pm on Saturday and Sunday! I’ll be there with my Carnival Food booth and some new never-seen-before goodies!
If you visited last year, I’ll be in kinda the same place I was last Spring…..in the back, in booth #45, so keep on walking!!
Hope to see you there!
09:35 AM in Blog
1. You Shall Be Queen Dress – Lady Petrova - This boutique is pretty amazing and fits the bill for any flowery pastel space babe (that’s you, too, amirite?). If you have never visited Lady Petrova, and you like clothes that are kinda out-there and different, it’s pretty much a can’t-miss. This dress, while not super pastel, comes with a CAPE, so it WINS. And it’s reversible!
2. Open Your Heart Satchel – Betsey Johnson - Still a sucker for Betsey bags, but I realize I must stop buying bags unless I truly deeply and 100%-ly cannot live with out a particular one. Right now I’m using a cheap polka dot tote bag from Target, and it works just fine! Also it’s filled with hay from when we ate lunch on a hay bale and Manda dumped her purse inside of mine, spreading hay everywhere.
3. Lazy Oaf x Garfield socks - DollsKill - I have been eyeing these socks since the Lazy Oaf x Garfield collab came out, and somehow I have managed to stop myself from buying them. Maybe I should put them on my bday wish list!
4. Unif Astra Duster - Unif Clothing - I KNOW. GO HOME AND MAKE IT. GO HOME AND MAKE IT. Who has the time to go home and make it…..?
5. Flower Fanatic Sneaker – ModCloth - Irregular Choice always does it right!!! I want to buy some cheap sneakers and cover one in fake flowers and the other in big fake rainbow gems.
6. Sloth Princess Brooch – Modern Girl Blitz - I have no real reasons for this one, except, I just think it’s so darn cute!
06:52 PM in Blog
Tagged fun stuff round up
I put together another little video to promote the Pocky Doll giveaway! You still have until Thursday to enter to win! Just “like” the photo of the dolls on the Pocky/GlicoUSA Facebook page! (You need to be logged into Facebook first!)
I always have dreams of frolicking around with crocheted pals, and the Pocky Dolls made the perfect day-dream buddies!!!
Here are some of my favorite shots:
At first, I was going to crochet my own bows for my human-sized outfit, but then I figured it might save time if I just photoshopped the dolls’ clothing onto myself. That still took a long time anyway, but it was fun to make myself feel like a paper doll!
If you end up winning the dolls, I hope you document your adventures, too!
08:16 PM in Blog, Crochet, Videos
Happy 4th of July! Today is also the start of my new giveaway with Pocky! To enter to win, you must “like” this photo on Pocky’s Facebook page. Here is the link (hope it works!) with all the rules.
I designed these dolls based on the Pocky ambassadors that rolled around in the Pocky truck giving away free Pocky! The funny part for me is that my buddy Stephanie was actually a Pocky girl, so I used lots of photos of her as a reference for the outfit!
Stay tuned for some behind-the-scenes footage and other fun photo extras!
10:50 AM in Blog
Here’s some pretty fun Hello-Kitty-related news:
First up for the crocheters, I just got an Amazon.com email newsletter announcing AmiguruMEI‘s Hello Kitty Crochet book. Pretty cool, right? You can pre-order it now, and it arrives in September!
And, something for everybody: Hello Kitty’s first convention, Hello Kitty Con at MOCA in LA, October 30 – Nov 2! I’m not sure if I’ll be able to go, but I bought tix anyway cuz that’s who I am…
Do you have a favorite Sanrio character? When I was in highschool, I was a Keroppi girl, but I am currently very into Purin and his hamster friend Muffin! (p.s. does anybody know the name of the little brown friend that he has? I don’t think it’s the squirrel. It’s something else. I used to have a teeny tiny plush of it years ago, and I wish I could find another one!)
09:45 AM in Blog