My Crocheted Gingerbread Village at Imagiknit

If you’ve been following my social media at all, you’ll know that I designed and crocheted this little pastel gingerbread village for my local yarn shop, ImagiKnit, here in San Francisco. With a full-time job, I definitely would not have been able to pull this off without help from two of my trusty crochet elves and my bff. It was a team effort! And we made a village!

Here’s a video of it in action, because the coolest part of the display is the yarn-bombed electric train!

The little people/elves that inhabit this village were heavily inspired by Mochimochi Land’s gnomes. I made little wire stands for them so that they could stand up in the display.

Manda helped me lay out the village, and we decided that a Big Tree in the center would be perfect. Time was really not on my side, so while I would’ve loved to crochet a tree, I decided to yarn-wrap a styrofoam cone instead. Still cute!

And no snowy village is complete without abominable snowmen or yetis! This pattern is based on the Abominable Snowman crochet class I have on Creativebug, but this one is a bit smaller and constructed slightly differently. While I was taking photos of the window, a woman and her son were watching the train go around. When her son realized that the monster was eating a person, he said he didn’t like it! Sorry, kiddo!

I hope that if you’re a Bay Area local, you’ll get a chance to stop by ImagiKnit. If the train isn’t going, just ask them! I’ll provide links to various crochet patterns in this project in the next few blog entries.

17 Responses to My Crocheted Gingerbread Village at Imagiknit

1. Michelle Waite says:

I love your village! The colors are wonderful and the village is so creative and magical! You did a WONDERFUL job!

2. Linda Murphy says:

This is so cute! Great imagination and the train is really fun. Thank you for sharing your creative talent!

3. Karen Brathwaite says:

Thank you for the wonderful window display. And who knows maybe the gingerbread house cozy would be at the nearest Michael’s craft store in New York City. Happy holidays to you and your family.

4. Lee says:

Very nicely done Twinkie!

5. Terri says:

So gorgeous. You make the most amazing things Twinkie. Wish you’d come to Australia. Merry Christmas.

6. Karen Brathwaite says:

Greetings Ms. Twinkie and I really love those Gingerbread houses in different colors. I was wondering will the Gingerbread house cozy kit be on sale probably at Michael’s in N.Y.C. I will keep looking. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

7. wooly brain says:

Everything so cute!!! Just bought your gingerbread house cozy and those little elf patterns from your Esty store. Can’t wait to make a little Twinkie crochet magic ❤️ Happy Christmas Twinkie

8. Awesome village! Have you watched the most recent season of Fuller House? One new character referred to the egg and bacon scarf as iconic 🙂

9. Ellyssa L Peterson says:

PLEASE bring back WIWT! I loved those blogs and seeing all the outfits you came up with. Also, this village is amaze balls.

• TwinkieChan says:

Aw you’re so sweet! Sorry I didn’t respond before. I’ve been locked out of my blog!
      Re: WIWT, I stopped doing them because a) my best friend moved in with me, which changed my space around, and I don’t have a good spot for outfit photos anymore. b) I feel like my style is changing and is a bit less fun, and I feel like they aren’t very blog-worthy most of the time!

10. I absolutely adore this whimsical winter scene! You are a true artist.

11. Arielle says:

Wow!!! This is one of the most fantastic things I have ever seen! LOVE the color choices and the way you made a true holiday classic fresh and original. Your art is awesome!

12. Quanah says:

I need this in my life. I’m going to have to make one as soon as i’m done with my stand mixer cover!