I FINISHED WRITING MY BOOK!!!! FINALLLYYYY!!!!!!

Yes, it has happened. It’s true. I finished writing it. I finished shooting and editing and uploading all the photos. All the samples have been sent to the tech editor. THE BOOK IS DONE.

Obviously, there will be edits, and I still have to work on this big marketing questionnaire for the marketing team, but I am so relieved to finally deliver the manuscript. I was way overdue on my contractual deadline, and I felt really guilty and stressed out about it. It was my own fault, and I underestimated the time I would need to write it. I remembered how quickly I was able to bust out all those patterns for Michaels.com, but I didn’t think about the toll it would take on me to do 20 projects all at once rather than 12 projects scattered throughout the year. I got kinda bummed out and measured my self-worth against how long the book was taking me to write, but I also knew that with each project, the wait was worth it. Everything came out sooooo cute. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen quite a few sneaks of some of the projects. I am SO proud of the patterns in this book, and I hope you love them just as much as I do.

Now I’m trying to talk myself out of buying a “You’re a freaking badass” present, like this totally amazing gumball machine purse from Betsey Johnson!!! SHOULD I!??! AHHHH. I tend to impulse-buy novelty purses and then never use them…. BUT GUMBALLS!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 12.07.39 AM

I also finished all my 2014 bookkeeping in 3 days, right after delivering my book, and I drove all my paperwork to the accountant this afternoon. What will I even do with my life now??!?! Oh yeah. Actually finish re-arranging the new craft room, re-open my Etsy shop, keep making YouTube tutorials, and whatever cool stuff life throws my way. At least I can hang out with friends more without a cloud over my head. Elysse and I went to see The Diary of a Teenage Girl, and it was super cool. I hope you guys have a great weekend!!! xo

Oh. P.S.!! In case I hadn’t mentioned it, the book is potentially coming out April 2016.  Since I delivered the book late, I’m not sure if the publishing date has been pushed or not, so I will keep you updated as I find out. Don’t worry, though. I have a LOT of fun patterns up my sleeve to tide you over! Am also talking to a certain craft website about shooting a few video tutorials in an actual studio!

15 Responses to I FINISHED WRITING MY BOOK!!!! FINALLLYYYY!!!!!!

1. Joan says:

I’m so very happy for you for completing the writing of your book, congrats. I will be getting this book as a treat for me, I can just imagine all the cuteness in the making. Awesome good job.

2. Lee says:

Congratulations! And go buy the gumball purse!!

3. Kyoti says:

YAY!!. Great Job! Now treat your self. That gumball purse looks pretty cool. I might check it out myself. And as always, looking forward to seeing your fun projects.

4. maria says:

Congrats!! You are awesome!! Love all your stuff!!

5. Jennifer H. says:

Yay! I’m so happy for you! Now you can have lots of you time and recoop from all the hard word you did! Congratulations!!

6. Pat says:

Congrats on finishing the book! I can hardly wait for it to hit the shelves or be offered online. PLEASAE keep us informed, so that all of your followers can get one.
    Pat

7. Erica says:

Good work, Twinkie! I’m so happy for you! I’m also extremely excited to get my greedy little hands on a copy!!!

8. melinda ward says:

Congratulations.I think that your book will be a success n I love your work. Im a big fan too. Thank you for sharing your work with us. Youre AWESOME!!!!!!

9. Ashley says:

Yes! Love your other book, so excited for this book. You are amazing and your patterns are the best! Thanks for all your hardwork!! Get the gumball purse! You deserve it! 🙂

10. XESIL says:

YEAAAAYYYY!!! Good for you!
    Of course you need that purse!! 🙂
    Also, what is the title of the book?
    Could you tell us more about what kind of patterns we will be able to find in it?

11. Yasmine says:

Well done, I’m so excited now! I would definitely go for the purse, you deserve it, treat yourself! 😀

12. Congrats! I know you’re relieved and I cant wait for the book! BUY THE PURSE! It would be an adorable Christmas tree topper…if you end up not using it as a purse ‘;)
    xoxo

13. Pingback: 40+ Hottest New Crochet Patterns and More (Link Love) |

14. I love that purse! Ohmygoodness. I also tend to impulse-buy novelty purses, though >_>

Congratulations on your book!!!

15. Emily says:

I am honestly SOOOO excited for this new book! Your first book has inspired me to design my own crochet pattern! I designed an asparagus scarf that I’m still working on writing out and getting photo’s of. Then it also inspired me to design a crochet quidditch sweater. I sometimes forget why I like crochet, but then your Youtube, your blog, instagram, and twitter remind me why!