5:00am book-writing ponderings and peeks!

Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 5.17.41 AM

I started writing this pattern at 7:30pm and I’m still not done at 5:20am. It’s a small pattern, based on some projects I’ve made in the past, and when it’s finished, and when you eventually work it up one day, it will probably only take you 30 minutes to complete. I have taken this thing apart and started over at least 5 times, trying slightly different stitches, putting the increases in slightly different places, just little tweaks and toggles in the attempt to make the pattern as easy and logical (and cute!) for you as I can.

This book is taking waaay longer than I ever expected. I’ve been feeling a bit disappointed in myself for not being able to write this as quickly as promised and predicted, but I’m always happy when I have these little victories, where crocheting and re-crocheting a tiny thing for hours and hours finally feels like it’s working just right.

This entry was posted in Crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to 5:00am book-writing ponderings and peeks!

1. Brady says:

Thanks for working so hard to make it cute AND perfect!

2. Emi Gurumi says:

OMG! I thought I was the only one that took hours to mess around with something only to have to pull it out a dozen times. I guess it was silly to think that. xD When your book comes out it will just right! So don’t worry about how long it takes. =)

3. I with Brady and Emi on this, don’t worry too much on how long it’s taking you. Perfection takes time. And believe me, when you finish the book, just the way you want it to be, you will feel very proud to put out something great and we will be very grateful and appreciate all the work you put into it. Cheer up and keep it up! 😉

• TwinkieChan says:

Thank you!!!! I have a contract in place with all its deadlines, so it stresses me out to not make a deadline, but I am definitely still committed to putting out quality product :)

4. Scarlet says:

You can do it Twinkie!!! We love your patterns and are so grateful for sharing all your awesome ideas :) your patterns have brought many smile to my friends faces :)

5. Lee says:

*gasp* coffee!!!!! WOO!! So excited to see book 2 coming along! Hang in there!! All the hand cramps and re-workings will be beyond worth it -_^!! xox

6. Grace says:

We’re all behind you, Twinkie!!! You can do it!!! I’m SO excited for the book…can’t wait!