Check out these crocheted Audrey II Puppets from Little Shop of Horrors!

I don’t blog nearly enough about all the cool crocheting happening out in the world, but I had to show you these amazing puppets that someone sent me on Facebook along with a wonderful note.

Screen shot 2014-11-29 at 3.56.57 AMEmily is an art teacher and drama director at the Heritage School District in Homer / Broadlands IL. Her drama club performed Little Shop of Horrors last weekend (and I’m so sorry I didn’t get this blog post up before then!).

When she first decided to take on this project, the only thing that went through her brain was EVERYTHING MUST BE CROCHETED! So, all summer she crocheted and completed two of the puppets. The final puppet had to big enough for the actors to go through and get eaten! Not only did they crochet the plant puppets, but also vines, mini plant puppets for each actor, flowers for the flower shop and hundreds of leaves!

Here is the big one! It is 5.5 feet tall! Feed me, Seymour!

Screen shot 2014-11-29 at 3.56.06 AMI’m just so impressed at all the work that went into these pieces, and I’m bummed I don’t live close enough to have seen them in action!

Maybe if we are lucky, the Heritage Drama Club will make more crochet magic in the future!

Thanks, Emily, for sharing your photos with me and for being an inspiration!

15 Responses to Check out these crocheted Audrey II Puppets from Little Shop of Horrors!

1. Cadry says:

Wow, that is so cool! I love the artistry and dedication involved. I wish I could have seen that show too!!

2. Sue Fuller says:

You should know that Emily is a runner. She actually crocheted while running! She is amazing, and the play was sooooooo much fun!

• Emil Yarger says:

Thanks Sue!! Shockingly I never face planted during my running and crocheting! I think I should form a “Crochet Runner” group! That would be awesome!

3. Andie Neumann says:

OMG! I would love the plotted plant(small one)! I wonder if she made a pattern for it? If so I would buy that in a heart beat. My husband loves that movie and it would make a great Christmas present!

• Emil Yarger says:

I kind of just made it out of my brain and didn’t write anything down!! I may have to make another one and actually make a pattern!! =)

4. danielle says:

stunned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been looking for audrey forever….BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!these are beyond amazballs!!!!!!!

5. diana says:

Emily is not only a talented person of the yarn she paints like the professional she is – all her crafting is filled with passion and love
    You are wonderful Emily

6. I love this so much!!! I work in theatre, and we did Little Shop awhile back. Her plants are so much cooler than ours were, though! Hahah.

7. Joie Fatale says:

Holy crow, that’s brilliant!

8. Fiona says:

Oh my gosh how clever are people!

9. I actually know Emily! She is amazingly talented. I actually own a Halloween themed hand made purse custom made by her. She never fails to impress me with her skills but when I saw these I was blown away!