Hello Kitty Con 2014 & Hello Kitty Crochet Book

Here’s some pretty fun Hello-Kitty-related news:

First up for the crocheters, I just got an Amazon.com email newsletter announcing AmiguruMEI‘s Hello Kitty Crochet book. Pretty cool, right? You can pre-order it now, and it arrives in September!

Screen shot 2014-06-30 at 12.40.19 AM

And, something for everybody: Hello Kitty’s first convention, Hello Kitty Con¬†at MOCA in LA, October 30 – Nov 2! I’m not sure if I’ll be able to go, but I bought tix anyway cuz that’s who I am…

Screen shot 2014-06-30 at 12.38.03 AM

Do you have a favorite Sanrio character? When I was in highschool, I was a Keroppi girl, but I am currently very into Purin and his hamster friend Muffin! (p.s. does anybody know the name of the little brown friend that he has? I don’t think it’s the squirrel. It’s something else. I used to have a teeny tiny plush of it years ago, and I wish I could find another one!)

13 Responses to Hello Kitty Con 2014 & Hello Kitty Crochet Book

1. Imogen says:

Hello kitty is awesome! I have a four year old sister who loves hello kitty so it would be great for me to make her some stuff from that book for her birthday! I don’t have that much hello kitty stuff anymore but I still think she’s really cool.

• TwinkieChan says:

It’s kind of just even fascinating to me on the level of a brand that has been so beloved for so long and also managed to somehow make a jump from little-kids-only to kinda-cool-stuff-for-ladies!

2. MaDonna says:

HANGYODON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Jaymi says:

I can’t wait for HelloKittyCon!!! So excited! My favorite Sanrio character is Joey, the little blue mouse. In high school, I looooved Pochacco.

4. Bianca says:

That little brown thing looks like a teddy bear.

5. Bianca says:

Incidentally, I love me some Deerie Lou and Chococat.

6. Elizabeth says:

I always LOVED Pochacco!

7. Jaymi says:

I thought of you when I saw that Sanrio.com added this! It’s so cute. They show the friends of the characters too. You might be able to finally find the little brown guy. :)