My Tiny Ice Cream Crochet Paintings!

It’s gonna be Betty Turbo week at The Drawing Board in Corvallis, OR, from June 17 to June 22, and I made two tiny (4 in x 4 in) crochet paintings for the Awesome Tiny Art Show with a reception on Friday, June 21, from 6:00pm – 8:30pm.

It’s summertime, and that means, ice cream time!

IceCreamArt1

Screen shot 2013-06-14 at 1.41.36 AM

IceCreamArt2icecreamart5icecreamart4

I kind of have a crush on those little cherries!!! You might recognize them as game pieces from Hi Ho Cherry-o :P.

This entry was posted in Crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to My Tiny Ice Cream Crochet Paintings!

1. Glenda Purvis says:

These are great wall hangings. Your ideas seem boundless in their creativity – you go girl!

2. Rhonda vandervis says:

Crazy cute !!! I just love looking at all your treats .. You rock girl!!!!

3. Bebe Anderson says:

Adorable!! Ditto to what Glenda Purvis said. I’ve been admiring your work for a few years now. I’m always delighted to see your new creations. πŸ™‚

4. Julie H says:

It would be a drive but I am tempted to check the Tiny Art Show out. Sounds like it could be fun. I will try to post photos if I do.

Wish I had the money to open a gallery, I’d show stuff like this all the time.

5. Liz says:

These are so adorable. I love them.
    Liz

6. Fiona says:

gosh, the icing is so good! I love the colours and those eyes too πŸ™‚

7. Leave it to Twinkie to make me crave ice cream before I go to bed.

But this reminds me that I have extra canvases to use and I should make more crochet paintings myself.

8. Michelle says:

How did you make the sauce? They look so tastily delicious!!! Twinkie Chan strikes again!!!

9. Gabby says:

Those are so cute, I love the little eyes and I love the cherries! Would you make more for your shop?

• Hi Hi! I’m not sure! I feel like crochet paintings don’t do all that well in my shop : /. But maybe a smaller/lower priced item would do better. We’ll see!!!

10. Sami says:

This are so cute and I love Agnes, she rocks! πŸ˜€

11. Linda says:

You are so creative!!! AWESOMELY cute πŸ™‚

12. Tracy Marie says:

β™₯ β™₯ β™₯ Love! β™₯ β™₯ β™₯
    Will there be a pattern for these awesome crochet paintings?! I would definitely buy the pattern! πŸ˜€

13. Yasmine says:

J-AMAZING! :O πŸ™‚

14. tracy says:

What is the chocolate sauce? it looks so real. Amazing

15. Danielle says:

Ahhhh they are so stinkin’ cute! The topping and the sprinkles and the cherry and alllll of it!

16. CC says:

Those are so stinkin cute!

17. Cherie says:

holy crap!!! These are fantastic!! Such a cute idea, and they have the cutest little eyes

• I have kind of tried to avoid putting eyes/faces on food, because I think it is sometimes the easy-out for “kawaii,” but, sometimes I really can’t help it! ;P

18. Katherine says:

So cute! How do you mount the crochet paintings? I’ve been working on some crochet cross-stitch projects and I’m not sure how to finish the edges and mount them. Any advice? Thanks!

19. AAAAAAAAAAAAH! you blow me away all the time!!!! I LOVE them!!!!!!

20. Hey! You’re the same Twinkie Chan I discovered (and had a big art crush on) back in my cubicle days in Washington D.C. Now I have an art shop in Oregon, and I’m hosting an art show, and You’re In It! Amazing universe!

Thank you for being part of our Awesome Tiny Art Show, and giving a shout out to The Drawing Board.

~ Mike

• TwinkieChan says:

Hi Mike! Thank you so much for the lovely note!! I hope you guys had a great show! I want to see photos! πŸ˜‰