February’s Crochet Patterns at Michaels.com

Sweetheart - worn

Happy February!

I have two new crochet patterns for you at Michaels.com. The diagrams are kind of messed up (either missing or out of place), but I’ll see if anything can be done about that!

The first pattern will look familiar: it’s the heart-shaped sugar cookie brooch we do for Valentine’s Day, but it’s the first time I’ve shared the pattern. Go here!

Sweetheart Brooch 2

The second pattern is brand new (to me, too!) It’s a Chocolate Truffle Scarf and is inspired by me wanting you to feel like a yummy box of chocolates! Pattern here!

Truffle - worn

I hope you guys have fun making you and your sweethearts some Valentine’s goodies!

I know I said I would re-open my shop with V-Day stuff on Feb 1, but I found myself caught up in some surprise deadlines! But I will work on finishing up cute stuff this weekend and try to post on Monday. I want to work on a new pattern for a fun new brooch/hair clip, so cross your fingers that the project won’t give me a hard time!!! :P

Remember, if you guys end up making stuff from my Michaels patterns, let me know! I’d love to see!

This entry was posted in Crochet, Patterns & How-To's and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to February’s Crochet Patterns at Michaels.com

1. Annie says:

Love these! Thank you for making the patterns available. I love all your designs and you are absolutely adorable. :) XO

2. Kathleen says:

So adorable! As always ^_~* I am looking forward to trying my hand at the chocolate truffle scarf…or getting a friend to do it while I stumble through attempting to atempt it ^^;

3. Ashley says:

Wow that is really nice and kind of you to share your sugar cookie brooch pattern!! Thank you! I can’t wait to make up some for family for Valentines Day!

4. I-Chan says:

Wow this is truly awesome ^^ Thank You for these lovely patterns <3 They're better than I had hoped :D

5. kim says:

Well I know what I’m making this weekend :-) thanks for sharing these r so cute :-) I always love ur patterns :-)

6. Yasmine says:

Thank you so much!

7. bonita says:

Just found your blog via ‘dreams are nessecary’ I looove your stuff! soooo cute/ cool/ aaammmaaaazzzzing! love it im now following! I noticed u seem to like ur nail art too….
    check out my nail blog if u get time x
    bonitabonbons.blogspot.com

• TwinkieChan says:

I just checked out your blog! I Love it!!!! I am not very good at doing my nails, and don’t have a steady hand or much patience, which then frustrates me AHHHH but I do love looking at other people’s work!

8. Kathryn says:

I will definitely be making some heart shaped brooches! Thank you Twinkie!

9. Jenny says:

Thank you, Twinkie! this will go great with the cookie scarf (your pattern from the book)that I’m making!!!

10. Rini Sapphire says:

What cute and yummy patterns ^_^ I suppose one shouldn’t expect less than that from you ;) Thank you so much for making these available for us; I’m looking forward to playing with the heart pattern.

Just curious, is there a way to email photos of finished projects to you? Have a super day :)

• TwinkieChan says:

Hi! Sorry for the very late response!!!!!! If you ever want to email me, I’m at twinkie at twinkiechan dot com :) xo

• Rini Sapphire says:

Thank you so much for this information :) I do appreciate it! I know you’ve been very busy in your life right now, but thanks for getting back to me ^_^

11. Katie says:

I love the white one with the light pink! It reminds me of one of my daughter’s skirts I made her.

12. Ellie says:

Amazing! Good enough to eat! :) Thank you soooooooooooooooo much! I love love love luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your patterns! Thank you for designing them! I know what i’m making next! :) :)

13. Debbie says:

awesome and so appreciative!

14. Pingback: My Sweet Valentine! | Crochet Lola

15. Tracy says:

Thanks so much as always for the new patterns I made the candle scarf a plush. The flame was pretty wobbly I stuck a stick down in the to make it stand up straight maybe you have a better idea but all in all I love it. Prolly shoulnt use it as a pillow don’t want anyone getting stabbed http://www.flickr.com/photos/91145242@N05/8450008632/
    I will.be excited to make more I hope that link works

• TwinkieChan says:

It came out super duper cute!!! I actually didn’t have the chance to actually make it as a plush, so the floppiness/stick thing is an interesting point that I’ll keep in mind if I ever decide to make something convertible-to-plush in the future!

16. Lynne says:

Made 4 of your brooches and they were very well received. Everyone loved them. I couldn’t find any bugel beads to save my life at Michaels. Probably a sale on beads. So, I got the little pom poms thinking they would be kind of dorky in person. They really added to the fun of these crocheted cookies. They were just adorable in person. I put my pics up on Ravelry. Sorry for the fast blurry ones, but sometimes I give things away without taking pictures.

• TwinkieChan says:

Yay!!!!!!
      Yeah, you know, a rainbow variety of bugle beads is actually difficult to find these days. Even on the internet. I have to search all over the web for a good selection in the same size. I can’t even find pink!

• Lynne says:

Well, thank you for the heads up on the bugle beads. I feel better knowing I’m not going crazy trying to find them. There really aren’t any to be found. Worked out for the best as I said I never would have experimented with the pom poms otherwise and they were adorable.

17. Lynne says:

OK Truffle scarf is done! Really had a fun time making it too. Didn’t get it done for Valentine’s day, but really do we need to relegate chocolate to just one day? I think not. Debating on whether to wear it to Stitches this week, because it’s so freaking adorable! I’m working the machine knitting booth Friday morning and I usually wear something I’ve machine knitted to help out our booth. We’ll see I may do a quick change. Again, I put the photo on Ravelry attached to your pattern link.

• TwinkieChan says:

I am going to stitches on Sunday!!!! I wish you would be at the knitting machine then, too!! Hehe. I actually have a knitting machine that I am afraid to learn how to use. I went to one demo once, but am still really freaked out by the whole thing!

It would be so cool if you just snapped one photo of yourself in the truffle scarf at Stitches. I would love to show it to my contact at Michaels! :D

• Lynne says:

OK you got it I’ll take the scarf with me.

As for machine knitting may I encourage you to visit booth #918. This is for the Machine Knitting Guild of the San Francisco Bay Area (MKGSFBA). Pick up a flyer. The March meeting is free to first timers.

I have been a die hard crocheter for many years. I just like crocheting better than knitting. I can’t deny though that knitting can give some beautiful results that crocheting just can’t do. Because I don’t like to hand knit and didn’t really know how to until last summer I got into machine knitting. Yes, it’s pretty darn scary to begin with that’s where knowing people who machine knit comes in handy. You’d be up and machine knitting faster than you think. Check out my machine knitting blog.