White Elephant Present: Crocheted Octopus Coffee Cup Cozy

Last night, we went to Tiffany and Daniel’s house for their holiday party and white elephant gift exchange. She made dericious cookies by crushing up Candy Cane Joe Joe’s…YUM! I wasn’t quite sure what to bring for the white elephant. I almost brought a jar of Baconaise, but Hairy made a face like it was the worst idea ever, so I made something instead: a crocheted octopus coffee cup cozy.

octo1

octo2

octo3

I wanted to make something somewhat unisex, even though most of the stuff I design tends to be really girlie! So if you follow me on Twitter and wondered why I asked what color you think octopi are, now you know!

I might post this as a free pattern later, but right now, I still have to crochet some Christmas presents!

This entry was posted in Crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to White Elephant Present: Crocheted Octopus Coffee Cup Cozy

1. Amanda says:

Haha! I love the expression on its face!

2. Jen Lund says:

I so need a pattern for this! My daughter & I bought your book & lovd it! Her first tat is going to be a squid on her back & this (although not a squid) goes great with that! Thank you

3. Janet Weidner says:

What a great idea!! He’s absolutely ADORABLE!! I’ll be sure to keep my eyes open for the pattern!! I’ve got your book & have used MANY of the patterns–they are so easy to follow!! I’m working on amigurumi for a Con in Feb–this would be so cool as a wrist band for the kids!! Middle School Con & I am the exclusive amigurumi lady!! The kids would go nuts!! Thanks again for sharing–hope you finish all those last minute gifts. Have a Merry Christmas & a Very Prosperous New Year!!!

• TwinkieChan says:

Happy Holidays!!!!!

The pattern would probably have to altered to fit on a wrist instead of a coffee cup, but that is pretty easily done if you are familiar with doing lots of amigurumi :)

• Janet Weidner says:

Amigurumi is one of my favorite things to work with–the kids are always amazed that I make them all myself! Their appreciation is always genuine. Sure I could figure it all out–but would help if I had directions for the eyes & the suggestion of the Cthuluh is awesome!! Thanks again for sharing your talents!!

4. Yvonne says:

WHaaaaaaT!? Mind-blowing amazingness! I love the eyes.

• TwinkieChan says:

THank you! I had seen some crocheted eye lids out there a while back and always thought it had such a funny and peculiar look!

5. Alice says:

It is wonderful! please keep making more fun items! The eyes are so expressive on the octopus.

6. Cate says:

This is so cool, I love it! If you started selling these I would definitely buy one xoxo

• TwinkieChan says:

Thank you! I’m not sure if I will or not. I suppose octopus is technically a food….but I’ve always tried to focus on yummy things rather than animals! ;)

7. Katie K says:

LOVE IT. With a couple monir alterations you could make it green and call it a Cthulhu for science fiction nerds like myself.

8. Lee says:

You totally nailed the ‘pre-first-cup-of-the-day-’why-the-eff-am-I-awake’ glare!
    Wake up, look in mirror, this is what I see staring back. Without fail.
    Brilliant as always <3!
    xox

9. he totally looks like he needs a cup a joe! LOVE it!

10. Mandolin says:

He reminds me a little of Zoidberg from Futurama. “Need a cozy for your coffee? Why not Zoiderg?”

11. Pingback: Grumpy Octopus Coffee Cup Cozy - Hot Penguin

12. Lindy says:

This is so adorable. I would love to make on for myself and my boyfriend.

13. Pingback: Grumpy Octopus Coffee Cozy Is Grumpy And Cute

14. Pingback: World’s Strangest | Grumpy Octopus Coffee Cup Cozy

15. michael says:

I would learn how to crochet, just to be able to make this!

16. Pingback: Octopus Coffee cuo cozy « Totxomotxo

17. Pingback: Crocheted Octopus Coffee Cup Cosy / Twinkie Chan | External Brain

18. fariba danandeh says:

love it,i hope that can make it for myself if i can,thank you for these pattern and your designs .All of them are so pretty.

19. Bianca says:

I gonna do it, check out my page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/MorfiCrochet

20. Jennifer Rice says:

Hoping for a pattern for this?? Pleeeeeeeeease? xo

21. Jennifer Rice says:

Hoping for a pattern for this?? Pleeeeeeeeease? xo

22. Gene says:

LOVE IT! My wife’s favorite animal is the octopus, and I’d love to get one of these for her. Any chance you make them to order? It is amazing!

23. Knifty says:

Would love to make these for all my grumpy friends. I wanted to add my request for the pattern as well.

You are very creative.