Daily Nail: Glitter Tips

I wanted to take a photo of a hand holding something for the Yummy You shop, so I figured I better get rid of my chipped crack-ho nail polish and do something cute.

They remind me of cupcakes without getting too literal. Here are the polishes I used. Not pictured is the Seche Vite top coat I used to smooth out the glitter and to speed up the drying time since I decided to do this at 5am.

When you work with your hands, your nail polish tends to chip off easily, I think. Especially if you do anything glue-related. That glue will pull your mani right off your finger. However, while crocheting, I think having cute nails really enhances the experience! There you are, crocheting a cute thing, seeing your cute mani flash by. I dunno. It’s the dumb little things!

This entry was posted in Blog and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Daily Nail: Glitter Tips

1. claire says:

Cute!
    They look like sweets!

2. Nicole says:

cute! I wanna try this :)

3. Aubree says:

Love these!! They are so cute and I know what you nean about chipping nails. Since I work with polymer clay my nails always get chipped >_<

xo

4. Sophie says:

cutest nail post I’ve seen (deffo trying this one) :)

• TwinkieChan says:

I borrowed the idea from some other photos I’ve seen around the interwebs with more neutral colors and gold or silver glitter. Mostly I see attempts at glitter ombre, but I don’t think I have the patience to ombre much of anything! :P

5. Danielle says:

They turned out so cute! The colors are so pretty.

6. Michelle carrillo says:

I think they came out super cute too! But I too have colored hair and wonder if you tend to have your hair color stain your nail color when you wash/fix your hair? I have blue hair so I tend to stay towards the blue nail color family…

• TwinkieChan says:

Oh for sure! It was especially a problem when I colored my hair at full strength, and i used to LOVE having blue nails, so it was a big bummer. But now I dilute my dye, so less of it seems to get everywhere!

• michelle carrillo says:

how do you dilute it, do you mix conditioner in it? i want to have pink nails one day, so maybe i’ll do the same.

7. Sami says:

Very cute!
    Im also having a culutre amazement moment as I didnt think Barry M was available outside the UK haha!

• TwinkieChan says:

A friend from the UK recommended it to me, and I bought it off their website, so I don’t know if it’s readily available here or not :)

8. Christopher says:

Oooooh! Squeal!! I believe that if you’re just having a blah day, and you need to go out…knowing that SOME part of your body visible having some glitter on it will cheer you right up, but people will tell you they LOVE your glitter…so you’ve brightened your day and hopefully someone elses. I have only actually found one glitter polish brand that was my favourite and the whole line was fabulous: Sally Hansen HD. Haven’t seen it in stores lately, but the glitter was wonderful and the formula was off the charts. It seriously had a stunning effect…and now that I see glitter tips..Thanks so much for more inspiration!

What are the best glittery yarns out there that you like that don’t skimp on the sparkle?

9. KittyArr says:

So cute! I might do that!! My nails are pink right now with polka dots on 2 fingers. LoL
    That glitter reminds me of ranch Dorito chips.