Bonbon Yarn Party!

Lion Brand contacted me a few weeks ago and asked if I’d like to participate in a promotion/contest and create a project/pattern using their new yarn Bonbons. Why yes, yes I would!

Look how tiny and cute they are! They come in little packs of 8. The colors are much more vibrant and delicious in person than they look online at their site. I am partial to the ones with SPARKLE.

I like how the packaging also helps give you non-knit and non-crochet ideas, like wrapping tin cans, making friendship bracelets, making pom poms, etc.

I am not sure yet what project I’d want to make with these! Something fun, cute, yummy, but accessible. I have a few thoughts and ideas flying around in my noggin, but I need to decide soon!

This entry was posted in Crochet. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Bonbon Yarn Party!

1. Kristina says:

Im sooo Jelly >.< if any one can be creative it is you!!! Good luck 🙂

• TwinkieChan says:

Thank you!!!! It’s a tough balance between going super crazy and weird but also writing a pattern that others would be eager to work!

2. Candy Calavera says:

How much did they send you! That sparkly yarn looks so yummy. The only things I could think of doing with such little amounts of yarn is to make tiny ami’s

• TwinkieChan says:

What you see is what I got! I think I got one of each color pack. My project will likely use other LB yarns and I’ll use the Bonbons for accents.

3. RACHEL says:

lOVE THE COLORS AND WOULD MAKE A PRETTY JELLY BEAN CANDY NECKLACE TOO!

4. Candace says:

Its a little off season but I am thinking super colorful old fashioned candy Christmas tree garland!

5. Crystal says:

Gummy bears

6. Rewynd says:

Oh goodness!! So many colors. Just think of all the crochet marine life I could make with all those colors.

7. Christina says:

Ohh I like the gummi bears Idea as well! Or maybe something with different colored lollipops?

8. Jess says:

Have to agree with Ms. Kelly-Anne. Cutest. Yarn. Ever. If I came across that in a shop, it wouldn’t have a choice but to come with me. Can’t wait to see what you do with it!

9. Anastacia says:

These are brighter than I remember seeing when it first came out!

Go crazy with them first and make a saner version, like Project Runway where they do their “avant garde” and then subsequent “ready to wear” after!

10. I saw this in my craft store the other day but they only had the pastel pack– everything else was sold out. These packs are cute but kind of spendy. I’m not sure what I would do with them since there is so little of each.

11. Amoxelle says:

I LOVE those colors. I actually find the arrangement of colors great ideas for painting palettes.

12. Holy Cod Fish! Im in love! Cant wait to see what you make!

13. Elena Marie says:

Are they rough/itchy at all? I’ve had sparkly yarns before that end up being uncomfortable for wearable type things. That’s my only concern. Otherwise they look awesome and can’t wait to find a project to use them with.

14. Vanessa says:

Oh wow! I’ve heard about those, but I didn’t know that there were sparkly ones! I think that you should to wrapped candies or gumdrops.

15. Cheri says:

Maybe they will be so thankful to you that they bring back the pink homespun yarn! ;D

16. They almost look too cute to open! 🙂

17. Sarah says:

I hope you win the contest! The bright sparkly ones remind me of candies! JELLYBEAN SCARF! Or a 3D crocheted cupcake on a crocheted headband! :3 I’m sure you;ll come up with tastier ideas — can’t wait to see

18. Kelsea Echo says:

These look so bright and colorful! Can’t wait to see what you come up with! =)

19. Maggi says:

Oooooo those look so cute and fun! Definitely want the glittery ones! 😀

20. jennifer says:

i saw these in the store and all i could think was icecream cones like pins with a small scoop on the i have to clue why just seems like the right amount for those who need small amounts of colors and not huge amounts that or rainbows

21. Pingback: Gummy Bear Bonbon-Athon! | Twinkie Chan Blog