WIWT: I wanna wear your bedsheets.

This is my new favorite dress. My new favorite thing for summer is to buy DIY dresses from Etsy made of vintage sheets. You might see this dress a lot. I wanna wear it EVERYDAY!!! Even though the bust part is really bubbly and weird. OH WELL.

I wore this outfit to have lunch with Vivs a few weeks ago at the Ferry Building. It was the first time we had hung out outside of craft fairs. I heart her!

Fun Fact: I have a really ginormous phobia of my dress getting stuck to my butt and revealing my underwear. I often wear bloomers underneath my dresses.

Here’s an EXTREME CLOSE-UP to show the cute Little Miss Delicious necklace I adore. (p.s. I always wondered if polymer clay jewelry could survive the shower. This one can. Bonus for lazy people like me.)

Deets:

Dress: ShopEBV on Etsy // Necklace: Little Miss Delicious // Tights: Pamela Mann on eBay (p.s. I already busted a hole in mine by jamming my thumbs in too deep while putting them on at a later time. I’m a brute!) // Shoes: Doc Martens

This entry was posted in What I Wore Today. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to WIWT: I wanna wear your bedsheets.

1. Laura Auld says:

Cute, cute, cute!
    I’ve actually made a few mini frilly skirts with vintage 80s Care Bear, Rainbow Brite etc. sheets.

• TwinkieChan says:

I used to have a Rainbow Bright sheets dress, but it was really just too small for me so I sold it :(. I miss it!

• Laura Auld says:

make one! you should always have one in your wardrobe… i still have some frilly elasticated care bear skirts for sale somewhere…

• TwinkieChan says:

I don’t know how to sew yet!

• Laura Auld says:

start with a really simple pattern like a pillow case dress or a straight line skirt. real easy to follow patterns like simply are good ;)
            also, diy-ing old t-shirts with fabric panels at the side are easy and fun to do x

2. Lady J says:

I haven’t seen anyone wear Docs in forever! So rad! Bringin’ em back.

3. Barnicles says:

My friend velvet elvis makes alot of dresses from sheets! they are awesome. http://www.flickr.com/photos/velvetelvisdesigns/4373961325/in/set-72157623342530205

ps love your sexy bloomers!

Barnicles x

4. OH MY GOODNESS I WANT THIS DRESS!!! i had this exact sheet/comforter set on my very first big girl bed… and yeah, i still carry the comforter around the house with me to cuddle up in.

5. Jenilee says:

your craft room is so ORGANIZED!!! <3

6. Melanie says:

Where did you buy your bloomers? They’re so cute! I have issues with my dresses riding up, and feel I need something underneath them too. :)

• TwinkieChan says:

I got mine from an online shop that sells generic lolita clothing…but I can’t remember the name of the shop right at this second! It’s pretty popular for those looking for cheap lolita stuff!