The Most Shameful Blog Entry Ever: An Evening with the Colonel.

“Please join us for evening of companionship and good conversation, with the finest crisp poultry catered by the famous Chef sanders… I believe he is a also Colonel.

A night to be savored!”

When Manda was interning at my house on Wednesday, we were discussing eating dinner with some friends, but since I am house-sitting/dog-sitting, it seemed easier to just convene at the house for dinner. Suddenly, we found ourselves googling pictures of Colonel Sanders and fancy dinner settings. Suddenly, we were throwing a KFC party, and I wanted to make everyone a Colonel Sanders tie.

Here’s Manda chugging the MegaJug which also had its own handle.
The Gravy Hand-Off.
Portraits with The Colonel.

While we were eating, I remarked that this blog entry was going to be My Most Shameful. So while I don’t condone stuffing your face with horrible junk food, I do condone having fun, themed dinners, and DIY’ing little matching accessories.

I think I’ve known everyone in these photos for over 10 years (Hairy being the exception). I’m so happy we all still get together to be silly.
p.s. I recorded us ordering our food, but it didn’t turn out that funny. Here it is anyway in case you’re really bored right now:

Manda and Twinkie at the Drive Thru by twinkiechan

10 Responses to The Most Shameful Blog Entry Ever: An Evening with the Colonel.

1. Jess says:

That’s pretty much awesome. This is the stuff that’s the most fun in life. And it makes me sad they closed our 2 closest KFCs, so I have no reason to make myself the tie. Which is it’s own kind of awesome. πŸ™‚ Have a great night!

2. Jacci says:

Hilarious!
    There’s all the makings of a fab KFC ad right there πŸ™‚

3. Lauren K. says:

nothing shameful about the colonel! I actually envy you cause I can’t enjoy kfc since I had my gallbladder removed, being sans a gallbladder one can’t digest fatty goodness foods. but I sure am glad that you had fun with your friends! looks like fun!
    Lauren πŸ™‚

4. rae says:

oh man, you guys look like you have so much fun! that is something i would do with my long time friends. there is nothing like a little theme dinner. i love the ties. and the magajug. i used to take those to school. that handle!

5. Lynne says:

That’s why you eat healthy most of the time so you can have a fun Colonel Sander’s party and only think it’s shameful and not feel shameful. πŸ˜€

6. Kieli Heart says:

Definitely not shameful at all. I totally would have loved a dinner party like this xD Funny voice clip too! xDDD

~ Kieli ~

7. Chroma says:

What a cute shirt! Where did you get it?

8. Man Lee says: