Glitter & Roses Nails!

I have been sporting what my friend Kera calls “crack ho nails” for a long time. It’s when you never remove your old polish and you’re left with ugly, unkempt chips of faded color. Some of my fingers were worn clean off!

Earlier today I told myself I would set aside some ME TIME to re-do my nails. Since I work with my hands, I rarely feel like taking a moment to take care of my nails, so this was a very nice little treat to myself!

I was inspired by TinyTangerine’s Floral Nail Tutorial for the roses. The only tools I used were the nail polish brush and some tooth picks…so…my roses went a little wonky. We’ll call it Impressionist art! I used a Starbuck’s coffee cup lid as a paint palette.

The disco ball glitter is my new OPI Rainbow Connection polish from the Muppets collection. It’s AMAZING. I put it all over my toes and I feel like I walked through stars. It was getting kind of clumpy on the brush while I was putting all 3 coats on, and someone on Instagram mentioned that I probably shouldn’t have been sitting in front of a space heater blowing hot air all over it…!

The pink glitter is OPI I Pink I Love You that I ordered online from the UK, because I Pink I Love You in the U.S. is an entirely different color!

The mint green is MAC Mischievous Mint, and I used a combo of drug store polishes for the floral nails.

For the first time, I tried using Seche Vite top coat. I’ve heard that it helps semi-wet polish dry up super quickly! IT DOES! It also makes all your polish super shiny!! I have also read that if you apply it too thick, that it will shrink and peel your nail polish off. I am not very good at painting my nails, so I won’t be surprised if this happens…but so far, I really love it as a drying agent!

18 Responses to Glitter & Roses Nails!

1. Melissa says:

LOVE the Rainbow Connection!! I’m gonna buy tons of it when it comes out!! You nails look awesome!!

2. Christina says:

Omg, I adore the Rainbow Connection nail polish! I’d be really interested if it is a pain in the #*&$ to take off though… Regardless, I think that people might just be seeing me with it on my nails soon! I love the color combo you chose, so fun!

It is SO going to be a pain to remove!!! good thing I am not in the habit of removing my polish until a month later πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› . Along with a swatch of Rainbow Connection I found online, was a tip on how to remove it!! HAHAH It was something like soaking gauze in remover and wrapping your fingers for 15 minutes first or something crazy.

3. jacci says:

i’m loving the rainbow connection! top of my shopping list for my upcoming trip to asia πŸ™‚

4. bernadette smith says:

They r cute. i wish u could see my nails the look like old fashion candy canes pink, blue, green and purple stripes.

5. Kelly-Anne says:

Whaaaat?! Your flowers look AMAZING!!

People keep telling me about Rainbow Connection and now that I’ve seen it on your adorable fingers I think I might need some for my collection. πŸ™‚

My flowers look like blobs! πŸ˜› πŸ˜› What tools do you normally use???

Rainbow Connection is really glittery and pretty, but the photo you posted of the mystery glitter polish is so amazing…I also wonder what it is!

• Kelly-Anne says:

They do not! I think they look better than mine! I just use the brush that comes in the polish bottle.

I think the mystery glitter might just be craft glitter with a clear coat of polish over it. I’m going to experiment a bit and post my results later.

6. kimmi says:

I just got my Muppet polishes in the mail, sporting the Fresh Frog of Bel Air right now. They’re pretty awesome!

7. Loulou says:

Fantastic! They look so cute. Love the colour combination.

Loulou Downtown

8. Anika says:

Oh they look super cute!
    I’ve been wanting to give Kelly-Anne’s tutorial a go, so I may have to try it out soon. πŸ™‚