Girls’ Day Out

On Saturday, Manda and I had to run some girlie errands: MAKEUP SHOPPING!!!! We spent an afternoon in Union Square, mostly at Macy’s, where I saw a cardboard cut-out of Justin Bieber and begged Manda to commemorate the moment.

Apparently some rando also wanted to commemorate the moment!

Then of course we had to go shopping for my wedding dress! Just kidding!! We saw these dresses on sale and wanted to be matching forest fairy princess maidens for Halloween, but then discovered that these were the most hideous and ill-fitting bridesmaids dresses ever.

I think that the dark socks really made the outfit.

At first, Manda refused to remove her pants and boots because her boots were too annoying to take off. So she just pulled down her pants in the fitting room and I thought this was classy and hilarious move.

I’m on the right, trying on a denim skirt by Material Girl. I ended up buying it cuz I’m funny like that. I had to buy a huge size so my giant womanly hips would fit in it, and now we have to take in the waist by like 3 or 4 inches. I’m not a girl, not yet a woman. Manda also bought a faux leather coat by Material Girl and it is SOOOOO CUTE!!! Of course I failed to take a photo of the clothing that actually looked GOOD from this outing!

20 Responses to Girls’ Day Out

1. QBug says:

A few things, missy… that Britney Spears link cracked me up! Also, sometimes I forget how tiny you are. Especially compared to me! http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/35606_10150110971078488_507623487_7672170_5780414_n.jpg

2. vanessa cottoncandy says:

female hips and small waist, I totally know that. o_o
    If i take a size that fits my waist, I can hardly pull it over my butt and the skirts are often too short. If I take a bigger one, it’s too large around my belly. WTF?! Fashion is made for sticks, not for women?! 😛

True! But I guess it helps if I stop shopping in the teens/jrs section! THey have all the fun and cheaper stuff, tho!

• Ellyssa says:

I can understand that but, I am a teen! Haha But the teen section has the cutest/funnest stuff. Actually every once in a while I sneak into the tween girls section to check out what they have even though im 17. Lol!! Every once in a while they have some cute Pajamas with cupcakes on it or something. I actually bought the ice cream night gown there, that Manda sent to u as a surprise gift! I’m short enough to fit in that section! 4 foot 10! <3 😀

3. chinamommy says:

haha, that guy sneakin’ in your picture! when i see people on vacation taking family pic, i often try to get in the background. weird, i know but I crack myself up!

4. Jenny Quest says:

Haha, I love Manda’s “pants around the ankles” routine! You two have to be the cutest besties ever!

5. Anna says:

I LOVE your whole outfit! (Mint! Pink! Lavender! *head explodes with color cuteness*) Please would you share where your kitty tee is from?

6. MaDonna says:

Tell Manda that’s how I change, too! All my friends give me crap, but its soooo much easier than taking off boots, socks, stinky feet…. pants around the ankles! <3

7. Shrinkle says:

Did you know that guy was in your picture?!

8. Nicole says:

Union square?
    Are you in new york?
    or is there an actual place in california called union square?

9. Ellyssa says:

AHAHAHA! Some “rando” that guy looks really funny with his facial expression with his mouth open. Ur all like “adoring” the Beibs. Manda had a straight face while taking the pic? I WOULD HAVE BURsT OUT LAUGHING! 😀

10. Pingback: Our Sunny LadyDate at Maker Faire! | Twinkie Chan Blog