We Won About.com’s DIY Fashion Award :)

Thanks everyone for voting for my book on About.com’s 2011 Readers Choice award thingie. It really means a lot to me to be getting so much positive feedback about the book, and I love how much fun everyone is having making the projects :).

I believe there may be a small feature/interview in the future, so I’ll keep you updated on that!

p.s. Don’t forget, if you live near London, I am having a book signing/crochet-along at 1pm on Saturday, March 26th, at the yarn shop All The Fun of the Fair in Kingly Court off Carnaby Street. I would love to meet as many of you as possible while I am out there! I am going for vacation and to visit family but decided to try to have one book event to hopefully meet you guys and say hello eat cupcakes and crochet them! (You don’t have to crochet … you can just nosh and chat, too!)

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to We Won About.com’s DIY Fashion Award :)

1. Reb says:

so happy for you! your book, Im sure has opened up the world of crochet to many newbies of the craft! I know I love it!!

2. chinamommy says:

I’m going to let my friend know- Little Miss Crafty :) She’s in London :) Happy at your book success, I’m getting started on my 2nd project – the cupcake hat!
    xoxo
    cm

Thanks!
      Btw, have you been trying to msg me via Facebook? I got a notification in my email, but when I clicked on the link to Facebook, it didn’t go anywhere. Then I msgd you but you were basically like “whatevs,” then I wondered if that was the wrong Brandy Von Doeren.

Anyway, just wanted to make sure you didn’t think I was ignoring you, if you were trying to get in touch.

• your fb name came across odd, so i thought it was a “troll”, i’ve had Audrey Kitching fakes stake my booty for jazz before, so i get a little vague if i can’t identify the writer, sorry. I sent some quick doodles of a custom Twinkie Chan scalapette with custom imaged fabric of your cupcakes across the border. I’m releasing 3 collections this year and going full time fashion design as of this coming monday 3/21 (gave day job notice..epps!!) and i was hoping after you see my new works we could do a collection together. yarn buttons and what not….

3. Annie S. says:

Congratulations Twinkie! I know I love having your book in my library!

4. Horray! Congratulations!

5. Congratulations Twinkie!!!

6. Nicoler R says:

Congratulations Twinkie!!! You deserve it thank you so much for making the patterns so easy to follow and understand. I’ve had such a fun time making all the goodies from the book. Keep up the amazing work Twinkie!!!

7. Sylvette Marie says:

Congrats Twinkie <3 :)

8. Michelle says:

Awesome! Congrats! Of course we had to vote for you, you are simply awesome darling. Simply awesome. 😉