Onch’s “Eat it all!” Launch Party

So last week, Hairy and I darted down to L.A. to celebrate Onch’s launch party at House of Petro Zillia, a super adorable boutique! Onch and I collabed on some cute hair pieces. I snapped photos of our hair bows, but I finished and shipped the rainbow pretzel head bands so quickly that I never got a photo of them. You can catch them in my video below though! The event was cute, sweet, and delicious, filled with candy for your eyes and your tummy!

As always, I decided to make an outfit at the last minute. I was going to make a top and then wear a floofy skirt or bloomers on the bottom, but Manda insisted on making me something, so I put her to work making me a giant pink princess tutu!!! We stayed up all night and then napped for a few hours in the late morning.

Unfortch, due to the extra last minute nature of this project, I never really put everything on until right before the party….and everything was a little bit big!! I was kind of like this sad saggy melting ice cream monster! HAHA Oh well. Now I need figure out how to repurpose the banana split into another project, because the tank top just reeeeally wasn’t working!

Bebe, Laura/Pretty Star Clothing, Jessie Jae Joplin (I stole the pic from her awesome array of photos), me, and Chrissa.

Me and Twinkle. How cute is she? I also stole this pic from her.

Me and Michelle. Sometimes I wrinkle my nose when I hear something funny. This is not an attractive habit.

Here’s Bebe, Laura, and me again!

Me and Onch. I didn’t want to bother him while he whirled his magic around the place all night, so I finally caught him on our way out!

Here’s us sitting next to our collab!

CAANDY!!!!!!!!!!!! (not pictured was the pile of Twinkies and HoHo’s and DingDongs and stuff!)

Here’s my lil video! Sorry about the crap quality!

Here’s some progress pics and closeups of the hair bows!

I really loved working with these saturated candy colors. Look out for more candy craziness in my Etsy shop soon!

This entry was posted in Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to Onch’s “Eat it all!” Launch Party

1. zambicandy says:

everything is so cuteee!!!! haha what cute dance is everyone doing?

One of these days I’m going to figure out how to teleport so I can go to every single event ever! ๐Ÿ˜€ It looked so fun!

Onch had a few people learn a dance to create a dance-flash-mob for the event!! I did not make time to learn it though, plus, I am a terrible dancer and would have never remembered the whole thing! It went on past what I recorded :)

I want to teleport, too!! I missed the q-popo opening!

2. Sylvette Marie says:

Onch is soo crazy cool! Love this party Candy Candy from the lamp to the floor…

Hugs Twinkie :)

3. Pingback: Tweets that mention Twinkie's blargh ยป Onch's "Eat it all!" Launch Party -- Topsy.com

4. chinamommy says:

I think MI is in the dark ages or maybe it’s just me… I never knew things like this existed! I wish I could get my brain around how to crochet things I can think up in my head… I’m only 1 yr into crocheting so I think I’m a way from being able to make things I think of!

5. Cate says:

Awww you guys all look so adorable and sweet I could eat you up :p

6. Amie says:

Wow!!!!! It looks like everyone had tons of fun! I love those candy hairbows, will they be for sale in your etsy shop?? Everyone looks so cute! ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. June says:

Nobody notices that your top was too big. That banana split tank is rad! Love the new candy bows too!

8. Stephanie says:

Hi Twinkie, I just recently found your blog through Ocean Beach Bulletin. Finished reading everything on your blog last night! Really enjoyed it! Love all your creations! But I think I am a bit too late coz can’t really find a lot of your items on Etsy and other sites anymore. :( Do you still make tissue & coffee cup cozies, zipper pouch & scarflet that I saw on your flickr? Btw, love your banana split top! Very creative! :-)

Hi, Stephanie! thanks for checking everything out!

You are not too late. My items just sell out pretty quickly when I post them to my Etsy shop, but we are gearing up for a new update hopefully next Monday or Tuesday :)

• Stephanie says:

Thanks for the reply! Can’t wait to see what you have! (Will keep checking ๐Ÿ˜‰
        Gong Xi Fa Cai! Happy Chinese New Year! :)

9. Anastacia says:

man why did i go to school in MI when i couldve been rocking out down there with all of the pink and cute? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

We do need more stuff like this down in texas or up in michigan, that would just make my life

and the top is adorable! I love it

10. Livichu says:

Candy bows!!! WANT!!!!!

11. poohknit says:

WOW!!! That looked like tons of fun!!! Nothing like that here in the midwest! How sad is that!
    Your stuff was awesome as always!!!

12. caz says:

oh those bows are the cutest thing ever!! I wish I could go to a candy party ๐Ÿ˜›

13. Jessica says:

WOW! That looks so much fun!

14. Pingback: Pretty Star Clothing at Onch Movement’s “Eat It All” Jewelry Launch « prettystarclothing

15. saul says:

Are you gonna sell those?! I wanted one soo soo badly!!!

16. Locketship says:

Ahhh!! So sad I had to miss this! You all look so cuuute! xo

17. Twinkle says:

Hello Twinkie!
    Happy Ground Hog Day!
    I LOVE that you added the pic to your Blog! Super Cool!
    When is the next time you’ll be in Southern Cali?
    Big Hugs,
    Twinkle =)

Hi Twinkle!!!

I have no immediately plans as of yet to go back down, but I know that something will draw me there sooner rather than later. Always happens!!

Hope you are well!! xox

18. Nadine Ashton says:

hey Twinkie!!
    i Discovered you a few weeks ago and instantly fell inlove with your fun personality and your work. i bought your book in the same day, and cant wait for it to come in!!! ive been learning to crochet, buuut my work is very loose and rather ugly because of that, i was wondering if you could please tell me why and ho to fix that :) thank you very much.
    Love Nadine.

Well, if you are a beginner, it’s probably really GOOD that your work is loose. It will help you get your hook where it needs to go, while you get the hang of everything. Eventually when you feel more comfortable, you’ll be able to tighten up your work. You could also try working with a smaller hook, but don’t go too small, or it won’t pick the yarn easily. Good luck! :)

19. Duong says:

Looking at all the colorful yarn makes me happy. :)

20. shai says:

You are so adorable!
    and do all the other girls in your pictures have blogs too? and if you know of them, please do tell! ;D