It’s 6:30am. What are you doing?

I’ve been up all night making stuff for New People, and I’m still going!! I wonder how much I have left in me?

While crocheting some cherry dangly zipper pulls, I decided to make a crocheted strawberry ring. Marissa introduced me to the idea of making rings, and I’m kind of into it! They really are comfy! And washable!

I’m not sure I love the strawberry on a ring. It’s really 3D and sticks out kind of awkwardly, but it was a fun experiment.

Back to the grind!!

Hoping to pop out a few tissue box cozies in the next 24 hours!!!

27 Responses to It’s 6:30am. What are you doing?

1. zambicandy says:

oh I think its a really cute ring :D

2. You’re commitment is awesomely inspiring. Seriously.

3. anne says:

I think it’s really cute, too!

4. when do you sleep?
    it’s moments like this taht make me nervous when i finally do make the transition to my store being full time and saying good bye to sleep.

5. Jules Chan says:

Yep, definately cute!

6. Tamz says:

Loving the strawberry ring. Nothing wrong with it being a bit 3D. He’d probably make a cute brooch too (hint :D)

7. Stavroula says:

Wow its super cute to be true :) I think i just found the ring i want to be proposed with lol :P
    On a side note, i thought you had your hair cut cause on the second pic, its quite dark and i couldnt distinguish your pig tails and i must say that it would really look good on you that kinda haircut lol

8. jessica says:

Once again u r an inspiration! Love the ring! Good luck w the New People event-sounds amazing. Wish I wasn’t all the way on the east coast. I’m gonna ask a question – feel free to ignore! How long did u craft before u could do it full time? Is it a struggle to live off ur crafts? This is the crossroads I’m at and I just can’t see how I can afford to quit! But if I don’t I’ll never get this stuff off the ground. Would luv any advice or just to know how u did it! Keep up the awesome work!

This is kind of a long discussion :P. I think it also depends on what your product is. With very labor intensive work like mine, making a living is kind of hard. Time is not my friend! Even while I’m focusing on it full time right now, I’m struggling, because I’m also doing a lot of “free” work, or “investment” work, to build the company, so I end up doing lots of side projects that make no money at all. You have to give yourself a goal, and consequences for that goal. I got myself a manager and a licensing agent, and I told myself I’d give us a year to get some kind of production deal, or else I’m back to a full-time job, because I have too many bills to pay!

You need to be prepared to live off a cushion, I think, unless you can finagle a way to build your business and keep your full time job!

I kept at my day job for three years after I started selling Twinkie Chan stuff. For some of that time, I did half and half, which was really the worst thing ever because neither thing was getting done correctly!

9. Emily says:

I think that ring is totally cute! But I love fruit with eyes! LOL!

A crochet flower one would be awesome too!

10. Hallo from Germany,
    i’d like to leave a big compliment for all the cute things that you make.

I love all of them, at first your beautiful scarfes.

Best wishes and a lot of good ideas for your future.

Bettina

11. Pam says:

what a wonderful ring.
    I have a hug plaid flower one that stick out like a sore thumb as well.
    ohh I yearn to learn how to crochet but I’m a lefty so we’ll see.

12. chinamommy says:

i’m also a fan of the ring idea! My tip for not working: marry an older (rich-duh!) man with 1 foot in the grave & the other on a banana peel!
    love,
    anna n. (not really… it’s me- chinamommy)

13. Sare says:

Hello from Perth Western Australia! Your stuff is so gorgeous and creative! Who said crocheting was for old nannas? ;)

14. Lelaina/Rach says:

Yes!! i think rings are a fab idea!! i have sushi and lolly rings but they are made from resin.

i want one >_<